Author Topic: This Forum Is Closing - Let me know what you would like preserved  (Read 272 times)

Shovel

• Administrator
  • POTATO
I'm not going to put words in Josh's mouth,  the bottom line is that the social component of Adventure Driven Design's website (this forum) is pretty much archive material and there's not really a good business case for sustaining the forum itself.   

New registrations have been disabled due to a near continuous onslaught of bogus Russian accounts.

So if you have any threads you think have high value to them,  let me know so I can be sure to copy them down and format them for republication either on ADD's website somewhere else if Josh wants,  or on another forum so the information isn't lost. 

Thanks
nn

ChargerX3

• I'm new here!
Re: This Forum Is Closing - Let me know what you would like preserved
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2019, 09:41:12 AM »
Sad to hear. This place used to be busy, not sure what happened.

I think there is plenty of useful information stored here.

IncorpoRatedX

• Not really the
  • Administrator
  • I'm big in Japan.
Re: This Forum Is Closing - Let me know what you would like preserved
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2019, 09:39:07 AM »
The forum is closing because I can't keep out the bots and still allow new members to register. Captcha and email verification isnt enough to stop the site from being bogged down by tons of fake accounts making phishing posts. Eric and I tried a number of counter measures and different verification means. The only one that 'worked' was manually verifying every account, but the flood of fake accounts made finding the real accounts a burden in itself. The forum simply existing has resulted in exposing the main email addresses attached to the domain (mine) to a massive flood of spam emails, this has made customer service and order tracking extremely difficult. I've spent the last few months shutting down sources of this spam, its taken a toll.

I really wanted to do this for the community, it was nice while it lasted, I wish it could continue to exist, it did a great job of helping a lot of people and continues to aid people through the existing posts. I do not have the time, skill, nor available bandwidth to bring it back to something useful to the community without it further bogging down the primary functions of my business. I appreciate all the tech posts contributed to this forum as does the general Montero Community at large.

a big 'Thank you' to Eric for the efforts made to clean this place up and retain what useful information it has. Had it not been for him, this place would be buried in posts containing malicious links.

The Mitsubishi Monteros USA facebook group continues to be the largest and most active place for Montero related information:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1524789904446511