Author Topic: Setting up the ADD Adjustable Panhard Bar  (Read 1439 times)

MudRaider

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Setting up the ADD Adjustable Panhard Bar
« on: April 25, 2017, 02:50:05 PM »
Toasty decided to R&R his rear suspension today. He was making an instructional video for everyone but unfortunately he forgot to make sure he had space on his SD card and only got the first 17 minutes (Job Takes 40 minutes). But here's a couple pics for those who can't get the alignment shop to set their rear track.
1. Hang something straight off the frame (tape a ruler to it or something) then measure both sides from the (undamaged) wheel bead.
2.Subtract half of the difference of the longer side by rotating the link. Double check both sides are equal then tighten the jamb nut. DONE!

TOASTY

• Nonsense, Poopy Pants!
    • View Profile
Re: Setting up the ADD Adjustable Panhard Bar
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2017, 06:47:47 PM »
 I'll whip up another video once Kevin gets his trailing arms rebuilt or when Josh gets his ready. Thanks for posting this up, I really want people to see how easy the rear suspension is to rebuild.

MrGalantguy

• Yes...I own Galants
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2017, 03:58:10 PM »
Will subscribe to this thread...looking to rebuild/upgrade the rear of mine next year unless it really needs it when I inspect the Montero. 
-1998 Montero (Winter package & Adjustable suspension)
-2002 Montero Limited
-1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000
-1996 Galant 4G64t 5spd
Owner of: Nostalgic JDM
Facebook: Nostalgic JDM
Business Instagram: @nostalgic_jdm407
Personal Instagram: @itsaboutfam

jaccox

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2017, 12:48:14 PM »
Got my trailing arm sibi bushings in, new ADD 1.5" springs in as well as the new ADD pan hard bar. I must say that the pan hard bar was by far the easiest thing in the world to mount and then centering it took all of 5 more mins on the ground with a tape measure. Do your self a favor and get one of these things as soon as possible.
1999 Montero. 33x10.5x15 General X3's. 4.90's w/rear locker. Full armor. ADD idler arm. ADD 1.5" complete lift. Siberiean Bushings everywhere. 150W alternator with upgraded 4 AWG leads and grounds. 2nd Battery in the rear for camping stuffs to come.

henry510

• cranky bolt!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2019, 12:29:27 PM »
Anyone  every make a video or pics for setting the adjustable panhard? Finally got mine installed and new siberian trailing arm bushings and want to make sure I've got it correct!
1997 Montero SR- 242K and counting