Author Topic: Roof Dimensions  (Read 1121 times)

RaptorReed

• View Profile
Roof Dimensions
« on: May 09, 2017, 11:15:23 AM »
I left the title vague as to maybe we can consolidate all roof dimensions for LWB/SWB and Generations into one post and sticky it for future reference.
Then this info could then be used for anyone looking to aftermarket racks to use or DIY rack builds.

Gen 1 and 2 use 5" gutter mount feet, iirc.
If anyone has the measurements on hand for the other bodystyles and generations, please post up and I can update this post. :)

Gen 1
SWB

LWB
90x48" (up to 94" long depending on where you measure)

Gen 2
SWB (as the imports come over as well as any of our international/Canadian members)

LWB

Gen 3
Tim
1994 Monterp SR
1992 Galant VR-4
1988 Starion
1976 Colt Galant

PajEvo

• Global Moderator
  • "The Canadian"
    • View Profile
    • JDM Journeys
Re: Roof Dimensions
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2017, 07:15:00 PM »
The SWB gen 2 doesn't have drip rails, and thus can't use the easy-to-attach gutter clamps. It is able to take certain gutterless clamps (I had to clearance a set to clear the sides of the truck as the clamp curved over the top). But they have to be carefully installed (wedged, really) into the hidden rain channels of the rear window. I can post pics of where these are if anyone else here ever gets a shorty, but for now this is just FYI to add to Tim's post.

RaptorReed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2017, 12:46:22 PM »
Good note, Phil. I did dinally get around to measuring the roof, I also got dimensions of the sunroof as well. All measurements are dependant on where you measure of course.

Gen 2 LWB
Roof: 90"x 49"
Sunroof is 31"x35"
Leading of sunroof to roof line ~67"

Sunroof info isn't really necessary unless you are like and will try to get in touch with bajarack to get one made with a sunroof cutout. They do one for the FJ100. The overall size of that rack is about perfect for a Gen 2, just needs to be shortened a couple inches ass to not overhang.
Tim
1994 Monterp SR
1992 Galant VR-4
1988 Starion
1976 Colt Galant

RaptorReed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2017, 10:08:32 PM »
Bajarack said "no" for a custom rack politely lol, even with the measurements included lol. Anyway, their "long" rack for the FJ80 is about the right size for our gen 2 LWBs with dimensions:
82" long 48" wide, 5" tall feet (gutter mount)
Tim
1994 Monterp SR
1992 Galant VR-4
1988 Starion
1976 Colt Galant