Author Topic: Changes Afoot For JohnnyB/14th St Crew Divorce  (Read 10457 times)

JohnnyBfromPeoria

• I'm Getting Around To It
  • Get Off My Lawn! Or gravel, or whatever it is!
Re: Changes Afoot For JohnnyB/14th St Crew Divorce
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2017, 12:18:39 AM »
It's gonna be cool! (I keep telling myself...)

May close sale(s) by Friday, July 7.

John B.
AZ Crew/East Sider/Former 14th St Crew
95 SR, 35x12.5-15 on 8" steelies, 2" BL, stuff cut off, stuff welded on, lights, sound, front ARB pending
87 Raider, There's a turbo 2.6 under its hood, really
83 "Dodge" Power Ram 50, a bit lifted, way slow and gets more comments from random people than the other two put together
'95 Montero SR. Pretty much stock, Trail Gear Sliders, ADD skid plates, Stereo by Shovel, Timing maintenance by Pa_Jero

JohnnyBfromPeoria

« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2017, 11:38:01 PM »
Closed the sale of my current place today, am told the new place will close on July 13. Found out my homeowner's insurance will be about $300 for A YEAR and that my car insurance will be about $20/mo. cheaper, via my State Farm agent. Got the electric service ready for activation in my name for July 13 and will have internet, water and a dumpster delivery set up for Friday the 14th, if all goes well. So many things to think about!

John B.
95 SR, 35x12.5-15 on 8" steelies, 2" BL, stuff cut off, stuff welded on, lights, sound, front ARB pending
83 "Dodge" Power Ram 50, a bit lifted, way slow and gets more comments from random people than the other two put together
'95 Montero SR. Pretty much stock, Trail Gear Sliders, ADD skid plates, Stereo by Shovel, Timing maintenance by Pa_Jero

Crumb

« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2017, 03:09:07 PM »
 When is the house party?

JohnnyBfromPeoria

« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2017, 07:28:39 AM »
Party, eh? That depends on how you want to party. If painting is your bag, stop by the weekend of July 14-16, Friday through Sunday. There may not be a functional bathroom yet, but there's plenty of room to set up your camping gear and lend a hand with demolition and reconstruction. I'll at least have a small refrigerator on site...

John B.

Canyonero

• I need a nap
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2017, 12:21:26 PM »
EAST SIIIIIIIIDE!!!!!

Glad to see you coming out our way JB!
1995 Montero SR
2" Body Lift
35"x 12" Cooper Discover STT tires
Currently dead but working on it.

2003 Toyota Avalon XLS - Daily Driver

DR1665

• the agile gearhead
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2017, 12:57:55 PM »
So the new name is JBFPIAJ?

Sounds like you've got a solid plan. Kudos.
The Driggins | 98 Pajero | 11 Juke
(Previously: 89 Pajero 2.6, 92 GVR4, 91 GVR4, 97 Talon)

JohnnyBfromPeoria

« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2017, 05:22:45 AM »
I'll always be JBFP, because I'm from Peoria, IL. No need to modify it.
Today I get to pay for the new place. Hopefully I'll have the keys Thursday night. Fun times.

John B.

JohnnyBfromPeoria

« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2017, 11:45:42 PM »
I'm all set for a "rustic, quaint" evening at the new place (dump) on Thursday night. Text for directions and I'll let you know about all the work you don't want to be a part of.

John B.

BottomFeeder

« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2017, 01:56:50 PM »
Google Earth shows a really cool lot.  How many sofas do you think you can fit outside the house under the shade?
1990 LS, 2" Body Lift, 33's, Dual LSD
1995 SR, 1.5 Body Lift, 33's
1999 Winter Package

JohnnyBfromPeoria

« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2017, 11:25:38 AM »
I'm guessing at least three. I may have to corner the market on plastic lawn chairs. I keep finding remnants of past life here in the yard, like a bejeweled unicorn figurine, a realistic ceramic lizard and the random army dude (not a real army dude, the little ones).

HoseB took a sledge to the bathroom last night and just knocked a bunch of stuff out, but I do believe the old tub weighs more than us both put together and we need some assistance to get it into the dumpster. It'll happen, after all, I do have an engine hoist.

John B.

JohnnyBfromPeoria

« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2017, 12:21:57 AM »
I don't like moving. I'll say that and add an exclamation point, without actually striking that key. I'll be done doing that despicable act tomorrow, to my benefit, as I have filled an 11 yard dumpster at my old place (in under 5 hours) with unwanted/excess crap, half-filled a larger dumpster at the new place with construction-destruction debris and more unwanted/excess crap, made probably ten trips with Jorge's employer's large single axle trailer and I now have so much stuff inside the new, smaller house that the boxes are arranged sloppily into "lanes," or throughfares.

So, I hate moving. Especially in summer, even more when it rains, and still more when it just doesn't seem to end. Tomorrow is the new "owner"'s walk-through (of sorts) at my old house. I'll be picking up the last of my things then as well, since (did I mention this?) I didn't have any room to pack or move them any other time. Then I'm done. And I can have new concerns, of which there are many, regarding my new house, the trailer out back packed impossibly full of stuff I can't unload by myself, work and my pets, both of which are trying to figure out why they've been forced into this whole thing. The dog just sniffs around a lot then sleeps. The cat was really pissed at first, but he'll grow a whole new level of resentment in the next couple of weeks while I keep him inside for the first time in his life until he figures out I will catch hell if he gets eaten/runs away/disappears (same as #'s 1 & 2).

Montero-related: I know I've never towed so much weight before today. My 95 handled it like a champ, granted, I kept the speed to around 55-60 and locked out O/D, even though I'm still on Jorge's 31" General Grabber A/T's (not on my preferred list; they vibrate, maybe just need to be rebalanced). I'll trade back to my BFG M/T 33's later this week, probably, as I'm pretty much done towing that trailer.

Speaking of towing, I noticed I get better mileage with this trailer loaded. That's likely because they applied a piece if plywood on the rear-drop tailgate to make a smoother ramp for loading. I also makes a great speed brake when the thing is empty.

Did I mention I hate moving? I do. But I'm done. Almost.

John B.

JohnnyBfromPeoria

« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2017, 08:49:42 PM »
The last load of stuff is out of my old house. I can't believe it. Of course it's got my 95 packed to the ceiling with odds and ends that will probably take me the next year to sort out, but it's finally all here.

The cat is still intent on driving me up the wall. He wants outside SO bad. The dog simply doesn't seem to mind what goes on as long as there's no fireworks or thunder involved.

I just want to sleep.

John B.

Shovel

• Administrator
  • POTATO
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2017, 09:36:46 PM »
The real question is,  when do you get to relax and crack open a cold one under the night sky and not have anything that's difficult or complicated to do cluttering up your mood?

JohnnyBfromPeoria

« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2017, 03:14:19 PM »
That would be tonight, as I have most of the plumbing done, most of the boxes out of the way and some of the dirt swept up. I need to wire  up an extra stereo for outdoor sound, too.

John B.

JohnnyBfromPeoria

« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2017, 12:29:18 AM »
Good times were had. I am a fortunate person to have friends such as I do and I thank you all for the gifts and kind words.

I received a gift, among many, that stood out tonight, and it is one that is perhaps "awakening," or "unfortunate" in that a part of my naivety is now lost. I can see scorpions at night, thanks to the awesome gift from The Shovel - a UV flashlight. The scorpions are out there, and some of them are huge, but on a bright note, I didn't know they were there before and they don't seem to want to bother me. I guess they are here for a reason, like they eat other bugs, so 'Scorp-on' dudes. So far, my dog and cat are alive and seemingly unscathed, and no one has been tracked down and relentlessly attacked by these creatures. Note to visitors: Do not wear open-toed shoes when visiting! They just look pretty weird under the UV light and they glow like they're painted neon yellow or something.

I also am appreciative for the sage and candles from Mrs. Shovel, Stacey, and I will apply their properties soon to allow them to take care of business.

Thank you, Clay and Dana for the extra beverages. I will put them to good use.

Thanks to Pa_Jero and the Conner for the use of the chainsaw.

Shovel, I really see the need for those gloves you gave me, and Abby really dug the pig's ear - she told me so.

Can't wait for October-ish when it cools off and we can light a nice blaze in the fire ring out front to show the neighborhood who's really awesome (us) and to maybe (maybe) put Pa_Jero's idea for Halloween candy distribution to use. Ask him about it, it's truly creepy.

O.K., I have to go look for more scorpions now. Freaks me out...

John B.