Author Topic: October Utah Trip!!!POLISH YOUR BROOMSTICKS BOYS & GIRLS THIS IS GONNA BE FUN!  (Read 20241 times)

PA_JERO

• View Profile
One other interesting fact.... I live within a drunked 5 min walk away. So, as we once did before, we can stand over your truck and look and throw ideas out as we drink cold beverages. Poly bushings and steering stuff can happen in a weekend. That can't stop you from attending the utah trip. Let's figure out the oil burning issue and power loss. A compression test could tell us alot.

PA_JERO

• View Profile
I also owe canyonero money for sliders, or just to buy some sliders. Let me know when your ready and we can get those bad boys coming for you.

Canyonero

• AZ CREW
  • I need a nap
    • View Profile
Ah, forgot all about those. Life kind of took me out of my game for a while fellas, so I apologize for being absent for so long. This kind of motivates me to get back to the doctor and get fixed up once and for all so I can get back to living instead of just existing.

ADD planning on offering sliders at some point, or are we still using the Toyota ones?

Appreciate the offers for help fellas. I'm not quite as physically able as I was a couple of years ago, so I'd be in your debt. Nothing too serious, but I fatigue very easily.

I'd really like to get back involved with the group and do some exploring. Been too long. Cheers!
1995 Montero SR
2" Body Lift
35"x 12" Cooper Discover STT tires
Currently dead but working on it.

2003 Toyota Avalon XLS - Daily Driver

TOASTY

• Nonsense, Poopy Pants!
    • View Profile
Hooray! We can do this!

Shovel

• Administrator
  • POTATO
    • View Profile
    • Stuff page updated regularly!
View from Day 2

Shovel

• Administrator
  • POTATO
    • View Profile

bugshield

• I'm new here!
    • View Profile
I'm interested!

PA_JERO

• View Profile
Time is nearing fellas. Hopefully everybody is getting there trucks all sorted out. I'm pulling my motor some time this week probably and tearing it down to do some major tlc.

Shovel

• Administrator
  • POTATO
    • View Profile
Time is nearing fellas. Hopefully everybody is getting there trucks all sorted out. I'm pulling my motor some time this week probably and tearing it down to do some major tlc.

I have a motor to pull too but hopefully not in the Montero I'll be taking on this run.     On the plus side I have another truck with 0 problems I can take, it's just not a Montero. 

Shovel

• Administrator
  • POTATO
    • View Profile
Starting to set up my October calendar. Have the dates been set yet?

I don't think anything's been laser etched in anybody's windshield yet but it's looking like this:
  • Sunday 8 October 2017 - Meet in Paria, UT at the riverbank North of the "Movie Set" disappointment sector.  Open arrival at any time.
  • Monday 9 October 2017 - Break camp not too late (we don't need to do this at sunrise but we should not lollygag) and travel to the vicinity of Hole In The Rock.  Scenic driving day.
  • Tuesday 10 October 2017 -  Make our way to canyonlands North of Powell.  Less driving, more recreational day.
  • Wednesday 11 October 2017 - Ferry or bypass Powell,  make camp in John's Canyon.  Scenic day, hopefully some swimming.
  • Thursday 12 October 2017 - Journey South to Grand Falls and either camp there (if the weather is favorable) or make our way to alternate camp option in the direction of Phoenix,  early departures OK too.  Scenic driving day.
  • Friday 13 October 2017 - return home for those who camped Thurs night.  GTFHome day.

This should allow anyone coming from a long distance to work Friday and still get to camp Sunday even from as far away as Vancouver or the Mississippi.    There's plenty of relaxation and exploring to do all around the meet up area for early arrivals.   And a nice enclosed pit toilet. 

JohnnyBfromPeoria

• I'm Getting Around To It
  • Global Moderator
  • Get Off My Lawn! Or gravel, or whatever it is!
    • View Profile
This is the first time I've had time to read this. And I'm in. And I'll KYB it, too, just to be "that guy."

John B.
AZ Crew/East Sider/Former 14th St Crew
95 SR, 35x12.5-15 on 8" steelies, 2" BL, stuff cut off, stuff welded on, lights, sound, front ARB pending
87 Raider, There's a turbo 2.6 under its hood, really
83 "Dodge" Power Ram 50, a bit lifted, way slow and gets more comments from random people than the other two put together
'95 Montero SR. Pretty much stock, Trail Gear Sliders, ADD skid plates, Stereo by Shovel, Timing maintenance by Pa_Jero

JohnnyBfromPeoria

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
KYB Gas-A_Just shocks are also monotube, my friend.

Just sayin'.

John B.
95 SR, 35x12.5-15 on 8" steelies, 2" BL, stuff cut off, stuff welded on, lights, sound, front ARB pending
83 "Dodge" Power Ram 50, a bit lifted, way slow and gets more comments from random people than the other two put together
'95 Montero SR. Pretty much stock, Trail Gear Sliders, ADD skid plates, Stereo by Shovel, Timing maintenance by Pa_Jero

TOASTY

• Nonsense, Poopy Pants!
    • View Profile
 KYB's don't die.

JohnnyBfromPeoria

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
I have a small GoPro camera I'm willing to position underneath a (my, then another) rig to document suspension action. It's water/dust-proof as-is, so it's the obvious candidate. All I'm able to do is collect raw footage, but it'll be available for anyone who has the capability to offload it and use it as they see fit. I have a collection of mounts with that super-sticky adhesive to place the camera as we see fit. Start/stop with a smarty-phone.

John B.
Huge in Japan, so I've been told

bugshield

• I'm new here!
    • View Profile
i say we duct tape cans beer to bumpers to see which shake more.  open them upon arrival. i might be joining the kyb team for this one. not sure i'll have time for bilstein swapping before the trip. and if i blow them out it's even more reason to upgrade.

Ok but the cans should be Coke and we should open them in the back of somebody's Land Cruiser so I can relive a childhood memory.  :)