Author Topic: October Utah Trip!!!POLISH YOUR BROOMSTICKS BOYS & GIRLS THIS IS GONNA BE FUN!  (Read 15714 times)

JohnnyBfromPeoria

• I'm Getting Around To It
  • Global Moderator
  • Get Off My Lawn! Or gravel, or whatever it is!
    • View Profile
This is the first time I've had time to read this. And I'm in. And I'll KYB it, too, just to be "that guy."

John B.
AZ Crew/East Sider/Former 14th St Crew
95 SR, 2 sets of tires rotting in the sun, 2" BL, stuff cut off, stuff welded on, lights, sound, no action
87 Raider, There's a turbo 2.6 under its hood, really
83 "Dodge" Power Ram 50, a bit lifted, way slow and gets more comments from random people than the other two put together
'95 Montero SR. Pretty much stock, Trail Gear Sliders, ADD skid plates, Stereo by Shovel, Timing maintenance by Pa_Jero

JohnnyBfromPeoria

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
KYB Gas-A_Just shocks are also monotube, my friend.

Just sayin'.

John B.
95 SR, 2 sets of tires rotting in the sun, 2" BL, stuff cut off, stuff welded on, lights, sound, no action
83 "Dodge" Power Ram 50, a bit lifted, way slow and gets more comments from random people than the other two put together
'95 Montero SR. Pretty much stock, Trail Gear Sliders, ADD skid plates, Stereo by Shovel, Timing maintenance by Pa_Jero

Oso

• Mr Wonderful
  • Half the lies told about me aren't true.
    • View Profile
i say we duct tape cans beer to bumpers to see which shake more.  open them upon arrival. i might be joining the kyb team for this one. not sure i'll have time for bilstein swapping before the trip. and if i blow them out it's even more reason to upgrade.
90 LS - not your average bear.  <((I))>

"You are what you are, and you ain't what you ain't."
 - John Prine

TOASTY

• Administrator
  • Nonsense, Poopy Pants!
    • View Profile
 KYB's don't die.

JohnnyBfromPeoria

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
I have a small GoPro camera I'm willing to position underneath a (my, then another) rig to document suspension action. It's water/dust-proof as-is, so it's the obvious candidate. All I'm able to do is collect raw footage, but it'll be available for anyone who has the capability to offload it and use it as they see fit. I have a collection of mounts with that super-sticky adhesive to place the camera as we see fit. Start/stop with a smarty-phone.

John B.
Huge in Japan, so I've been told

bugshield

• I'm new here!
    • View Profile
i say we duct tape cans beer to bumpers to see which shake more.  open them upon arrival. i might be joining the kyb team for this one. not sure i'll have time for bilstein swapping before the trip. and if i blow them out it's even more reason to upgrade.

Ok but the cans should be Coke and we should open them in the back of somebody's Land Cruiser so I can relive a childhood memory.  :)

Mitch

• View Profile
"Cloud Made Of Tits"

Someone has to sell this advertising image to Bilstein.

Close, but no cigar.  I'm going to be in ABQ 10/11-14 for the Balloon Fiesta.  You guys have a great trip planned. 

TOASTY

• Administrator
  • Nonsense, Poopy Pants!
    • View Profile
 Already got the days off!

Shovel

• Administrator
  • POTATO
    • View Profile
    • Stuff page updated regularly!

If anybody wants to go early, you could get up there Saturday and hike Buckskin Gulch on Sunday morning before camp..   not too far away.     I think they started requiring permits but now's the time to arrange that if you're planning on it..

jaccox

• View Profile
"Cloud Made Of Tits"

Someone has to sell this advertising image to Bilstein.

It's as true of a statement as I've ever seen. My Billy's made my weekend 1800 mile trip a very comfortable ride. And the road isn't even where these things shine the most. Once you hit dirt it's smoother than pavement lol
1999 Montero. 33x10.5x15 General X3's. 4.90's w/rear locker. Full armor. ADD idler arm. ADD 1.5" complete lift. Siberiean Bushings everywhere. 150W alternator with upgraded 4 AWG leads and grounds. 2nd Battery in the rear for camping stuffs to come.

TOASTY

• Administrator
  • Nonsense, Poopy Pants!
    • View Profile
 They're definitely shifted more for offroad, the yellow ones are firmer. I can look up the valving if anyone cares.

JohnnyBfromPeoria

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
I officially put in my request for Oct. 9-13, so I'm out from under the work-rock Oct 7-15.

John B.

PA_JERO

• View Profile
Yaaaay

JohnnyBfromPeoria

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Who is going?

John B.

Oso

• Mr Wonderful
  • Half the lies told about me aren't true.
    • View Profile
90 LS - not your average bear.  <((I))>

"You are what you are, and you ain't what you ain't."
 - John Prine