Author Topic: October Utah Trip!!!POLISH YOUR BROOMSTICKS BOYS & GIRLS THIS IS GONNA BE FUN!  (Read 20246 times)

Mitch

• View Profile
"Cloud Made Of Tits"

Someone has to sell this advertising image to Bilstein.

Close, but no cigar.  I'm going to be in ABQ 10/11-14 for the Balloon Fiesta.  You guys have a great trip planned. 

TOASTY

• Nonsense, Poopy Pants!
    • View Profile
 Already got the days off!

Shovel

• Administrator
  • POTATO
    • View Profile
    • Stuff page updated regularly!

If anybody wants to go early, you could get up there Saturday and hike Buckskin Gulch on Sunday morning before camp..   not too far away.     I think they started requiring permits but now's the time to arrange that if you're planning on it..

jaccox

• View Profile
"Cloud Made Of Tits"

Someone has to sell this advertising image to Bilstein.

It's as true of a statement as I've ever seen. My Billy's made my weekend 1800 mile trip a very comfortable ride. And the road isn't even where these things shine the most. Once you hit dirt it's smoother than pavement lol
1999 Montero. 33x10.5x15 General X3's. 4.90's w/rear locker. Full armor. ADD idler arm. ADD 1.5" complete lift. Siberiean Bushings everywhere. 150W alternator with upgraded 4 AWG leads and grounds. 2nd Battery in the rear for camping stuffs to come.

TOASTY

• Nonsense, Poopy Pants!
    • View Profile
 They're definitely shifted more for offroad, the yellow ones are firmer. I can look up the valving if anyone cares.

JohnnyBfromPeoria

• I'm Getting Around To It
  • Global Moderator
  • Get Off My Lawn! Or gravel, or whatever it is!
    • View Profile
I officially put in my request for Oct. 9-13, so I'm out from under the work-rock Oct 7-15.

John B.
AZ Crew/East Sider/Former 14th St Crew
95 SR, 35x12.5-15 on 8" steelies, 2" BL, stuff cut off, stuff welded on, lights, sound, front ARB pending
87 Raider, There's a turbo 2.6 under its hood, really
83 "Dodge" Power Ram 50, a bit lifted, way slow and gets more comments from random people than the other two put together
'95 Montero SR. Pretty much stock, Trail Gear Sliders, ADD skid plates, Stereo by Shovel, Timing maintenance by Pa_Jero

PA_JERO

• View Profile
Yaaaay

JohnnyBfromPeoria

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Who is going?

John B.
95 SR, 35x12.5-15 on 8" steelies, 2" BL, stuff cut off, stuff welded on, lights, sound, front ARB pending
83 "Dodge" Power Ram 50, a bit lifted, way slow and gets more comments from random people than the other two put together
'95 Montero SR. Pretty much stock, Trail Gear Sliders, ADD skid plates, Stereo by Shovel, Timing maintenance by Pa_Jero

JohnnyBfromPeoria

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Shovel, you ain't gotta do nothin', but I'll say that without you, about all I'd see is the inside of my fence for a week.

John B.

Shovel

• Administrator
  • POTATO
    • View Profile
I'm going for sure, only bad things are Stacey can't go and it remains possible I will be in a not- Montero.

JohnnyBfromPeoria

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
No Montero means you will be summarily excluded from every other picture. Please don't try to make this trip on your motorcycle.

That sucks your wife can't go. Those evil Swedish overlords making her work?

John B.

bugshield

• I'm new here!
    • View Profile
I've got the time off and am planning to attend.  What's the protocol for comm's 2m, 70cm, CB, other?  I'm a ham and my Montero needs a radio so I thought I might as well pick the right one.

Shovel

• Administrator
  • POTATO
    • View Profile
Cool that you get to attend!

For communications..  man we've tried all sorts of stuff over the years and what seems to work really well is starting off in the morning with everyone having a pretty good idea of what's going on that day,  then rolling with it & sharing stories when we stop for lunch or extravehicular recreational opportunities.

The lack of a single unified communications platform has always been tough.    I guess I'll bring a FRS/GMRS toy and try to avoid using it if I don't have to. 

TOASTY

• Nonsense, Poopy Pants!
    • View Profile
 Starting to conform on Baofeng 2 way radios, because they're cheap and really good.

JohnnyBfromPeoria

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
I'm yestertech-man! I'm stuck at FRS/GMRS myself, so I'll be like Shovel. I have/had a couple of CB's and haven't used them in years.

Shovel, when are you leaving out?

John B.