Author Topic: Fezzik, the Basket Case Brute Squad | 98 LWB  (Read 770 times)

DR1665

• Global Moderator
  • the agile gearhead
    • View Profile
    • work life parallel
Fezzik, the Basket Case Brute Squad | 98 LWB
« on: July 15, 2017, 11:16:21 AM »
It's been years since I've done a build thread. Let's see if I can play catch-up...

March 2013
Nobody had time to go look at the clean, gen 2.5 I found on Los Angeles Craigslist—until they all did on the same day. Uncle Ron, the truck driver who works on his own vehicles. Kris, the rally racer. Every time I called the seller to advise a friend coming to see the truck, he told me someone was already driving it or on their way. That's kinda how it is when you have a clean, running gen 2.5 for $2500. All the reports in, I made the deal and Uncle Ron drove the truck home.

A couple weeks later, Josh & Kim hopped in Ron Burgundy and rolled into LA to pick up Fezzik—and Goldi-Locker, the clean, gen 2.5 they found in the area. After more than a couple blown tires in the middle of the desert, my dad drove me out to west Phoenix to meet them and take delivery of Fezzik.

I'd soon learn the seller removed the CEL and SRS bulbs—illegal as hell for anyone selling a used car in California, but whatever. Karma will knock on his door soon enough.

More to come...
« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 06:09:50 PM by DR1665 »
The Driggins | 98 Pajero | 11 Juke
(Previously: 89 Pajero 2.6, 92 GVR4, 91 GVR4, 97 Talon)

DR1665

• Global Moderator
  • the agile gearhead
    • View Profile
    • work life parallel
Re: Fezzik, the Basket Case Brute Squad | 98 LWB
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2017, 06:13:47 PM »
May 2015

Rocinante, my trusty gen 1 (Aussie crawler gears, should you ever see him up for sale), left the fort for the last time. I loved this truck, so here's a couple pictures I took for the Craigslist ad...

With the proceeds, I got some work done on Fezzik.

OME bits! (This was before ADD had—or I knew about—Bilsteins and springs.)

[ Invalid Attachment ]

The springs are still in the box, two years later. Damn.

[ Invalid Attachment ]

Old, white, somethingorother struts.

[ Invalid Attachment ]

New, OME Nitrochargers installed!

[ Invalid Attachment ]
« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 06:16:03 PM by DR1665 »
The Driggins | 98 Pajero | 11 Juke
(Previously: 89 Pajero 2.6, 92 GVR4, 91 GVR4, 97 Talon)