Author Topic: Sierra Nevada Challenge 2017  (Read 1621 times)

Hooots

• View Profile
Sierra Nevada Challenge 2017
« on: July 26, 2017, 01:58:44 PM »
.....or Carnage.....or whatever it's called.... is that still happening? I saw a post about this trip on Expo but nothing has been added to it since December.

Figured I'd check here first.
"AZPAJERO" - 1997 Gen 2 Montero SR, 5.29 gears, 37" tires, Detroit front locker, Factory rear

Follow IG: https://www.instagram.com/azpajero/

TOASTY

• Administrator
  • Nonsense, Poopy Pants!
    • View Profile
Re: Sierra Nevada Challenge 2017
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2017, 06:13:34 PM »
 Only 1 person could make it at any given time, time got scarce and nobody could be ready in time. So we are doing Utah instead, join up! The NorCal Montero guys are doing a Sierra trip real soon but I don't know what trails they are running. I'll see if I can get them to post up here.

THERE WILL BE A 2018 SIERRA CHALLENGE

Oso

• Mr Wonderful
  • Half the lies told about me aren't true.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2017, 11:08:07 PM »
2018? don't tease me. again.
90 LS - not your average bear.  <((I))>

"You are what you are, and you ain't what you ain't."
 - John Prine

Hooots

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2017, 09:41:38 AM »
Only 1 person could make it at any given time, time got scarce and nobody could be ready in time. So we are doing Utah instead

I'm like..........
"AZPAJERO" - 1997 Gen 2 Montero SR, 5.29 gears, 37" tires, Detroit front locker, Factory rear

Shovel

• Administrator
  • POTATO
    • View Profile
    • Stuff page updated regularly!
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2017, 09:49:14 AM »
Utah's going to be just terrible man,  nothing but flat dry desolation and dreadful bugs and spiders.   We're actually just going to go do 877 laps of a Walmart parking lot in Las Vegas and pretend we were in Utah 4 wheeling.

PA_JERO

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2017, 05:20:48 PM »
Kids school schedule sucks. Really botched this year's sierras and my schedule was all jacked due to my boss having things planned and some of my own family stuff I had going on. Next year will be a different story hopefully.

So the real question is, are we going back to the Northern Sierras or doing Southern Sierras. For the record, I really don't EVER plan on ding Dusy Ershim ever again. So if that becomes part of the schedule, I'll camp before you set off to your doom, thenjoy I'll be there to greet you when you come around towards white bark vista. I may perhaps try it in reverse though. That trail and me don't get along. I've conquered it twice now, I don't feel like I have anything else to prove. Fordyce and I still have a bone to pick with eachother though. Twice that trail has now set forth disaster when I've been on it. The first time was probably a good thing, I would have left my 88 out there to rot for the rest of its days probably.

Am I building the anticipation yet?

Oso

• Mr Wonderful
  • Half the lies told about me aren't true.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2017, 07:02:45 PM »
I'll be in next year if it happens. Truth be told I'm not much of a rock crawler (yet - who knows?). My rig will supposedly do it and I anticipate it'll be a  "been there done that" kinda thing, but mostly it'll be to hang with all you fellers. No one out here in NorCal really wheels harder than dirt roads.  the rubicon isn't something I want to solo my first time. I'll wait til 2018 and in the meantime be satisfied with the Mormon parking lot. 😁 Really looking forward to Utah.
90 LS - not your average bear.  <((I))>

"You are what you are, and you ain't what you ain't."
 - John Prine

Hooots

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2017, 09:21:52 AM »
Kids school schedule sucks. Really botched this year's sierras and my schedule was all jacked due to my boss having things planned and some of my own family stuff I had going on. Next year will be a different story hopefully.

So the real question is, are we going back to the Northern Sierras or doing Southern Sierras. For the record, I really don't EVER plan on ding Dusy Ershim ever again. So if that becomes part of the schedule, I'll camp before you set off to your doom, thenjoy I'll be there to greet you when you come around towards white bark vista. I may perhaps try it in reverse though. That trail and me don't get along. I've conquered it twice now, I don't feel like I have anything else to prove. Fordyce and I still have a bone to pick with eachother though. Twice that trail has now set forth disaster when I've been on it. The first time was probably a good thing, I would have left my 88 out there to rot for the rest of its days probably.

Am I building the anticipation yet?

Sucks,  but I understand completely. My kids are still super young but they're always throwing wrench in my plans  :)

Your question about N or S Sierras is probably a good place to start. Since I'm the FNG on the scene (and don't really know any better) I have the Rubicon on my "list" of trails that I'd like to complete and I believe it would fall in the Northern category. So with that said, would Rubicon in fact be a part of the Sierra Nevada Challenge '18?

I also think that an extra year will give me plenty of time to get few extra pieces added to truck to make it ready for trip/terrain such as this.