Author Topic: 1997 Montero SR - The white ghost  (Read 4139 times)

kalieracer

• I'm new here!
    • View Profile
Re: 1997 Montero SR - The white ghost
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2017, 07:49:27 PM »
The green hulk, since the 96 SR is green lol

White Ghost formerly known as The Blue Ghost...

TOASTY

• Nonsense, Poopy Pants!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2017, 06:43:28 PM »
I meant that it probably burned oil.  ;D

kalieracer

• I'm new here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2017, 09:59:21 PM »
The Gold 99 runs fine, the White 97 had rotten milkshake and the 96 smokes worse than coal fired steam ship

I meant that it probably burned oil.  ;D

ChargerX3

• I'm new here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2017, 12:15:30 AM »
Interesting seeing your progression. Let me know how that intake works. What year block did you source?

kalieracer

• I'm new here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2017, 07:30:51 PM »
Fitted the manifold today.. Minor massaging was required.  On friday, I have someone coming to help with the linkage brackets. BLock is 2006, with 2009 rear control housing. Next swap I will get the 2008-2012 motor, that is closer to the Pajero IV Mivec setup. Ran in to an issue with the fuel injectors and cross feed line, doesn't exactly fit the 3.8 lower plenum  (either going to use goodrich fittings and line or bend it). Also need to get the external FPR and different injectors. Currently dicking around with the timing belt covers and how to get the best setup since the truck will be used off road a bit. Thinking of ordering up Pajero Mivec timing belt covers from Japan or UAE.

Interesting seeing your progression. Let me know how that intake works. What year block did you source?

ChargerX3

• I'm new here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2017, 10:14:41 PM »
Fitted the manifold today.. Minor massaging was required.  On friday, I have someone coming to help with the linkage brackets. BLock is 2006, with 2009 rear control housing. Next swap I will get the 2008-2012 motor, that is closer to the Pajero IV Mivec setup. Ran in to an issue with the fuel injectors and cross feed line, doesn't exactly fit the 3.8 lower plenum  (either going to use goodrich fittings and line or bend it). Also need to get the external FPR and different injectors. Currently dicking around with the timing belt covers and how to get the best setup since the truck will be used off road a bit. Thinking of ordering up Pajero Mivec timing belt covers from Japan or UAE.

Help with linkage brackets?

Get the 3.0l fuel rail loop. Its narrower. Then again you can just bend it a little until it fits. Done that before. Run your monti rail with it too.

2008 or later would be ideal but they are difficult to track down.

kalieracer

• I'm new here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2017, 06:18:50 PM »
Sorry I was tired, tb / kickdown cable brackets for the 3.8 manifold. Since that was meant for a drive by wire rig.

Help with linkage brackets?

Get the 3.0l fuel rail loop. Its narrower. Then again you can just bend it a little until it fits. Done that before. Run your monti rail with it too.

2008 or later would be ideal but they are difficult to track down.

kalieracer

• I'm new here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2018, 01:25:20 PM »
Just a little update on the build. Currently the motor is all in, bolted up and just about ready to fire up for the first time. Just working on getting some misc items done on the truck in no particular order.

1. New shocks (5100s from ADD) until I can get around to doing the lift + regear + front locker
2. Trans Flush / Fluid swap
3. Custom Radiator
4. Bigbrake upgrade - 315mm front rotors (Cryo + Slotted) Slotted Rears, Z26/23 pads, SS lines. Everything is there, just need to get it installed.
5. Custom Intake manifold - (second build phase)
6. ADD lift + Panhard rod
7. Font locker
8. Regear.
9. Fresh CV boots and bushings all around.

kalieracer

• I'm new here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2019, 09:09:10 PM »
just updated my list of mods and truck projects in case anyone cares about my build progress