Author Topic: "From Tokyo with Love" - a JDM auction journey from start to finish  (Read 17613 times)

ThePug

• I'm new here!
Re: "From Tokyo with Love" - a JDM auction journey from start to finish
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2017, 09:10:21 PM »
Also looks like the same wheels as your Evo has

PajEvo

• "The Canadian"
« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2017, 05:26:31 PM »
Small update, if you can call it that? We've done a few stops across Japan, and currently sitting in Kawasaki, I assume taking on more vehicles. I'm going to take a guess that this is the last stop (if previous experience counts for anything) and the next route takes her across the Pacific.

Here she is, at the dock:

PajEvo

• "The Canadian"
« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2017, 05:28:20 PM »
Also looks like the same wheels as your Evo has

Yep, you are right, since the Evo has early Gen3 wheels, until such time as I get my OE Evo wheels cleaned up, recoated, and reinstalled. They have a similar look to them, so the don't look too out of place on the Paj.

PajEvo

• "The Canadian"
« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2017, 06:20:27 AM »
Small update: Courier envelope arrived today from Tokyo with official export documents, in English and the original Japanese. Next hurdle is Canada Customs. Should arrive on Monday in Vancouver, and then it wind its way through the bureaucratic red tape, before being put on a car hauler to Edmonton. A few more weeks for sure...

JohnnyBfromPeoria

• I'm Getting Around To It
  • Get Off My Lawn! Or gravel, or whatever it is!
« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2017, 07:06:38 PM »
Ten days have elapsed - any news?

John B.
AZ Crew/East Sider/Former 14th St Crew
95 SR, 35x12.5-15 on 8" steelies, 2" BL, stuff cut off, stuff welded on, lights, sound, front ARB pending
87 Raider, There's a turbo 2.6 under its hood, really
83 "Dodge" Power Ram 50, a bit lifted, way slow and gets more comments from random people than the other two put together
'95 Montero SR. Pretty much stock, Trail Gear Sliders, ADD skid plates, Stereo by Shovel, Timing maintenance by Pa_Jero

PajEvo

• "The Canadian"
« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2017, 12:10:18 AM »
Hoping for clearance by Tuesday or so. But no actual news yet. Except... today our gen3 went to its new home. My wife is going to borrow her parents car until the new one gets here, to save the PajEvo the indignity of the winter commute.

PajEvo

• "The Canadian"
« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2017, 06:45:14 PM »
Today I heard from Canada Customs... we have cleared! Now my importer is working hard to get it on a truck.

I could go and get it in Vancouver, sure. Its 11 hours away though, due west. And I would only have to bring it to my importer's shop anyways, to get it inspected for its OUT OF PROVINCE inspection.  Which is in Edmonton, 2 1/2 hours north of me. Plus I'd need a few days, and hotel $$. Not to mention driving an unknown Japanese import back through the Rockies in winter sounds like risky business.

So, instead I'll take the safe route, put it on a truck, have it inspected when it reaches Edmonton, then we will go up and get it. Hopefully next week?

Next update will be its overland journey to Alberta. Stay tuned!

ThePug

• I'm new here!
« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2017, 10:08:17 PM »
Yay so close can almost taste it hahaha. :D

PajEvo

• "The Canadian"
« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2017, 05:55:55 PM »
Today I got my bill of sale, and my import forms. All I need now is the truck, an out of province inspection, then insurance, and a stickered plate/registration card, and we are good to go. Wifey is temporarily driving her parents Kia. Or "the Korean beer can" as she was quoted, but denies. LOL.

I don't think she's even going to let me drive the new one home from Edmonton when we go to pick it up.  8)

ThePug

• I'm new here!
« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2017, 03:36:16 AM »
When you pick it up maybe you'll get lucky and she will be so used to driving on the left side she'll accidentally go to the left side door and bam that'll be you opportunity to snag the driver seat. Lol good luck hahaha!

PajEvo

• "The Canadian"
« Reply #40 on: November 18, 2017, 04:47:59 PM »
Yeah, except that We'll have two vehicles there, so I'll have to bring the other one home. ;)

Funny how many times I've gone to the RHS door when going to drive the Montero we just sold.

PajEvo

• "The Canadian"
« Reply #41 on: November 24, 2017, 07:16:50 AM »
Another update: let's call this the third last one if all goes well? The Pajero is now in Edmonton, at my importer's shop, awaiting inspection. He's had a quick look and said that it looks and runs really well. We are hoping it makes inspection today, if not Monday. Our plan is to go up on Sunday or Monday to pick it up. Have a quick getaway and come back the next morning. I'll be driving the old pickup, and will be carrying tools/fluids just in case, because I'm paranoid that way, until I've gone over the whole thing. Should be good though, since it will have to pass a rigorous mechanical fitness test before I can register it.

Next update will be the results of said inspection. Fingers crossed for all green lights!

PajEvo

• "The Canadian"
« Reply #42 on: November 24, 2017, 07:24:42 PM »
The penultimate update: Just passed inspection! No deficienices.  :D Yay! We pick it up on Monday morning. This one is almost in the books. Looking forward to trying out that torquey diesel.

PajEvo

• "The Canadian"
« Reply #43 on: November 28, 2017, 12:32:23 PM »
Update: The last... its here, its real, its registered, and that's three misuses of "its" with no apostrophe. LOL.

Here is the lady in her new truck for the drive home, which was uneventful, and quite surprising. Down to 3/4 of a tank and 350 kms so far. Man alive...

concealer404

• OH U MAF?
« Reply #44 on: November 28, 2017, 04:28:39 PM »
How's the power feel?  Intercooled 4m41 and a 4 or 5spd auto trans?
1998 Montero Winter Package (For Sale)
1994 FZJ80 Land Cruiser (Wife's)
2006 V8 4Runner Sport Edition (Mine)