Author Topic: "From Tokyo with Love" - a JDM auction journey from start to finish  (Read 17578 times)

Crumb

Re: "From Tokyo with Love" - a JDM auction journey from start to finish
« Reply #45 on: November 28, 2017, 04:33:41 PM »
 Look how happy!

PajEvo

• "The Canadian"
« Reply #46 on: November 29, 2017, 06:16:31 PM »
How's the power feel?  Intercooled 4m41 and a 4 or 5spd auto trans?

Its subtle. Certainly not as "fast" as the 3.8, but definitely more torque. The difference is where it makes it power. The 6G75 needed revs, and you knew when it was doing its thing. Not so with the 4M41. It makes more noise being a diesel, but not in revs, and therefore you are suddenly at highways speeds (well, over them) and you haven't broken 3k rpm yet.

This one is a 4speed, and originally I was a bit sad, having developed an affinity for the fiver, in both the gen3 and the Evo, but I'm not sure its even needed. It'd probably be nice, but with such a compressed rev range, and such power down low, 4 speeds seems more than adequate. Its still tiptronic which I like for towing the trailer, and engine braking.

PajEvo

• "The Canadian"
« Reply #47 on: November 29, 2017, 06:21:37 PM »
Look how happy!

Dude, you have no idea. She's completely in love. She really liked her 03, but wasn't necessarily enamoured with the fuel econ, even though her drive to work is short. She got in this, and said she doesn't miss the green one, since this is the same ergonomics, only a little more luxury. She likes the diesel too. Got her a giant AGM battery yesterday, and will be putting winter tires on this week. Also donated the hard shell spare cover that came on the PajEvo. She'll probably get to run those fancy JDM Bradley 18" wheels (also came with the EVO) come summer, too.

Maybe I ought to do a build thread for it, but honestly, it'll probably bore you guys to pieces. It'll be maintenance, an air freshener, and perhaps some fancy valve caps? LOL

PajEvo

• "The Canadian"
« Reply #48 on: December 02, 2017, 05:12:32 PM »
Ehhhh... I decided to carve out a space for this thing in the build section, even though this rig is already built.
https://www.adventuredrivendesign.com/forums/index.php/topic,400.0.html