Author Topic: UCA Siberian bushing help  (Read 4494 times)

Charly

• lost
    • View Profile
UCA Siberian bushing help
« on: April 17, 2017, 08:29:55 PM »

The shells came out when i pressed out the old bushings. It appears to be one piece with an interesting inner sleeve (not your typical cylindrical sleeve) -look close at pic. I do not see how it would be possible to press the rubber out of that sleeve. leaving the sleeve in the CA.

I am wondering if I should install the Siberians in the CA without that sleeve/shell.

Anyone have experience installing Siberian poly UCA bushings in a Gen 2/2.5 yet  ?

Thanks for any help.

(The LCA bushings were pretty easy)
K9ADV

Charly

• lost
    • View Profile
Re: UCA Siberian bushing help
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2017, 08:33:03 PM »
Not a cylindrical inner sleeve
K9ADV

Charly

• lost
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2017, 08:34:59 PM »
outer shell
K9ADV

Charly

• lost
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2017, 09:20:32 PM »
Here is a video of a "Gen 2" UCA bushing removal (the person has an Aussie accent), and these bushings look noting like the ones that were in my Gen 2.5

https://youtu.be/d27puRHcujg

in fact, doing an image search in google, i havent find any UCA bushing for monteros that look exactly like the ones that were in mine.
K9ADV

Charly

• lost
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2017, 09:48:29 PM »
Fuck, I just found this :

"Attention! Control arm bushings 3-20-711 unlike the original ones do not have outer metal shell. The installation of these bushings must be done into the outer shells of the old bushings. Do not remove the old outer shells from the control arm. Remove only rubber in any convenient way."

http://siberianbushing.com/blog/2016/04/19/removal-and-installation-of-the-upper-control-arm-bushings-3-20-711-for-mmc-pajero/
K9ADV

PA_JERO

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2017, 11:38:17 AM »
That's how the Super Pro bushings are. Outer shell stays in UCA. I find it wierd that the Siberian bushings would want the metal slave to stay in the arm, considering the Siberian bushings have a metal sleeve on the outside already.

Charly

• lost
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2017, 11:41:48 AM »
no, these Siberians don't have an outer metal sleeve.

And fire got the rubber out ( did one side so far)
K9ADV

Charly

• lost
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2017, 09:11:37 PM »
fire
K9ADV

TOASTY

• Nonsense, Poopy Pants!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2017, 08:44:04 PM »
 Glad you got that all worked out, wish I had posted along in this thread instead of over text messages. That way we'd have a tech dialog going. Oh well, next time.

JohnnyBfromPeoria

• I'm Getting Around To It
  • Global Moderator
  • Get Off My Lawn! Or gravel, or whatever it is!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2017, 11:19:49 AM »
Well, since you're talking about a tech dialog, why not post up a step-by-step on replacing those upper control arm bushings on a Gen2/2.5 with the Siberian ones? Seems I've heard you guys have local stock of the bushings and an extra set of arms...HINT, HINT...

John B.
AZ Crew/East Sider/Former 14th St Crew
95 SR, 35x12.5-15 on 8" steelies, 2" BL, stuff cut off, stuff welded on, lights, sound, front ARB pending
87 Raider, There's a turbo 2.6 under its hood, really
83 "Dodge" Power Ram 50, a bit lifted, way slow and gets more comments from random people than the other two put together
'95 Montero SR. Pretty much stock, Trail Gear Sliders, ADD skid plates, Stereo by Shovel, Timing maintenance by Pa_Jero

TOASTY

• Nonsense, Poopy Pants!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2017, 12:18:48 PM »
 I know it doesn't help after the fact but i got some with metal shell, hopefully this will simplify things. i'll be doing some installs next week and i'll post up some pics

JohnnyBfromPeoria

• I'm Getting Around To It
  • Global Moderator
  • Get Off My Lawn! Or gravel, or whatever it is!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2017, 12:34:58 PM »
I know it doesn't help after the fact but i got some with metal shell, hopefully this will simplify things. i'll be doing some installs next week and i'll post up some pics

Hmmm...

John B.
AZ Crew/East Sider/Former 14th St Crew
95 SR, 35x12.5-15 on 8" steelies, 2" BL, stuff cut off, stuff welded on, lights, sound, front ARB pending
87 Raider, There's a turbo 2.6 under its hood, really
83 "Dodge" Power Ram 50, a bit lifted, way slow and gets more comments from random people than the other two put together
'95 Montero SR. Pretty much stock, Trail Gear Sliders, ADD skid plates, Stereo by Shovel, Timing maintenance by Pa_Jero

MudRaider

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2017, 03:16:28 AM »
Toasty has made a tool that helps him with removing the bushings.

jaccox

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2017, 12:18:07 PM »
I know this thread was for the UCA, but I'm curious if i need to completely remove the LCA to replace those bushings like you need to with the UCA? UCA is super simple to remove in comparison to the LCA, and from crawling under and looking at it i may be able to get away with not having to pop the lower balljoint to do the LCA bushings. Also if a seasoned veteran could tell me an order that cuts down on time for doing UCA bushings, LCA bushings, T-bars, then obvioulsy shocks would be last thatt'd make my weekend go much smoother
1999 Montero. 33x10.5x15 General X3's. 4.90's w/rear locker. Full armor. ADD idler arm. ADD 1.5" complete lift. Siberiean Bushings everywhere. 150W alternator with upgraded 4 AWG leads and grounds. 2nd Battery in the rear for camping stuffs to come.

Charly

• lost
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2017, 12:40:36 PM »
The LCA definitely needs to come off, the rearmost bushing in not in the arm, it is in the frame/mount.

And the knuckle separates from the lower ball joints with a sledge , just like the upper.

« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 12:46:23 PM by Charly »
K9ADV