Author Topic: For Sale - 92 Strada 4WD quad cab diesel 5sp  (Read 2618 times)

PajEvo

• "The Canadian"
For Sale - 92 Strada 4WD quad cab diesel 5sp
« on: October 17, 2017, 06:05:35 PM »
Yeah I know. I know. :( But in my defense, I've always had SUV's. Thought the pickup would be better suited for how I use a vehicle, but alas. Miss my SUV. Yes. I do have another SUV in the garage, but damned if I'm gonna mile that out on the daily commute. I will start looking for a shorty JDM gen3 with the diesel engine I've always wanted, the 4M41.

So... I shall offer up this fine example of JDM goodness to my mitsu brethren first.

Eligible for US Import? Yes. Its a 92, which makes it 25 years old. How you go about that is on you. Not my area, so if you haven't worked that out yet, do your homework. I will not be delivering it across the border but you're more than welcome to come get it, and if you are part of a certain elite, you have a place to stay, and a ride from the airport. ;) It is legal, and cash is king. What you do with it to get it back to your hacienda need not worry me.

Okay, the truck - JDM pickups in japan are not plentiful, and not cheap. Toyotas are in the sky, price wise, and other Japanese marques are not far behind. I've been watching the JDM auctions specifically for pickups for years, and the number that I'd have taken a chance on bringing in in that time wouldn't have counted all the fingers on one hand. Many are miled out, I'm talking 400k plus kms. More are in such bad shape bodywise that you wonder if anyone even cared. I get the impression that almost all the pickups in Japan are work vehicles, so when no one takes a personal interest, this is the result.

I found this one with a very poor interior, a straight exterior (some clear coat peel issues) and mechanically excellent. It has a pad heater and frost plug heater. Also dual batteries. I replaced the seats with Recaro Pajero Evo seats (yes I had a second pair), steam cleaned every surface, leather wrapped the MOMO steering wheel, and retrofitted a gen1 montero guage pod to fill the empty void where a center pod should have been. All details of this are in my build thread.

It came with maintenance records since new (in Japanese), timing belt done at around 85k kms a few years ago, and is in really good condition mechanically. Starts even on subzero mornings, with very little smoky drama. No rust on body panels, a little scale on the frame (I've rust painted it), peeling/crazing paint on the roof, and I've color matched the hood with base/clear, although it needs another wet sand and polish. Kind of dull right now, but way better than the peeling clear that I replaced. Rest of paint is fair, some small clear separation here and there, and some nicks, scratches and dents commensurate with any 25 year old truck.

Many many many pics and details in my build thread (see signature). Only deficiencies as far as I know are a small exhaust leak (further back, small enough that it passed inspection), and a slight chatter if you get greedy in first from a stop. I think its probably the center hanger bearing, so I'll include a new one.

Brand new BFG AT2's put on this fall. 130k kms on it right now, but this will go up since my commute is 160km per day. I'm not in a giant rush, but if you are serious, cash downpayment commitment buys you time while I find my next DD.

This, in my humble opinion, is a beautiful example of a JDM pickup, from an era when simplicity and reliability was important. (note: roof accessories, fancy shift knobs and android stereo not included, but I will put a bluetooth deck in there. And the OEM shift knobs. Also includes OEM foglights, and damaged but salvageable OEM tonneau cover)

Price? I paid a lot for it, and put more into it. Its in better shape now then when I got it, and I will still lose. So the closest to $9000 USD will be the lucky person to drive this home. Allow for whatever you have to do to get here (southern Alberta, Canada), and get her home.

PajEvo

• "The Canadian"
Re: For Sale - 92 Strada 4WD quad cab diesel 5sp
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2017, 07:35:53 PM »
You are right. They are here too. And included.

PajEvo

• "The Canadian"
Re: For Sale - 92 Strada 4WD quad cab diesel 5sp
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2017, 09:58:31 AM »