Author Topic: Big Blue - 1991 LWB  (Read 5389 times)

johneric

• Should have made that left...
    • View Profile
Re: Big Blue - 1991 LWB
« Reply #45 on: January 12, 2019, 09:11:22 AM »
that's not a crazy price at all. thanks for sharing the pics and mods - been fun to watch the progress.
1989 Montero SP
3.0L V6 SWB

Sedole

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 24, 2019, 11:22:31 PM »
Gotten a few solid interests in the Montero so far, but none have finalized yet.

Anyways, this is the first time I've ever really properly washed and then polished/waxed the truck, so here's a pic dump!

She ain't so crusty after all!  Well...except the hood and the roof haha

Honestly my heart is so torn...A gen 2.5 will fit my lifestyle and wants so much better, but I will really really miss this truck.  I keep seeing pictures of all these sick old school 4x4s that the gen 1 just fits the vibe of.  And my S.O. is finally on board with the 4x4 life.  After our most recent trip to the mountains for skiing (of which we had to drive through a big snow storm, with snow accumulation on the road), she kept noticing all the other cars stopping to put chains on or cars that had gone off the road and plowed into the snow banks, meanwhile our Montero just kept on going as surefooted as a billy goat.  And she actually expressed concern that we might be without a Montero for some time once this one sold.

Decisions decisions..

Sedole

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 29, 2019, 08:15:20 PM »
Gen 2 trailing arms finally went in last night and this morning!  Mine were still in great shape, but nice to have peace of mind.

And nabbed this shiny little tip from that one aisle at autozone while picking up a new starter for my girlfriend's car.  Spot welded on.

« Last Edit: January 30, 2019, 12:45:25 AM by Sedole »