Author Topic: Concealer's Worst Build Thread In History  (Read 27965 times)

kalieracer

• I'm new here!
Re: Concealer's Worst Build Thread In History
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2017, 06:21:56 PM »
Paj Posted photos on the FB thread that I started. It doesn't have the board. The Evo trucks use speed density vs MAF.

Every time I read this thread title I chuckle. Partly because its funny, and partly because its one of my favorites, and there's a certain irony in there.

So, complete moron question: If I have Evoscan (which I do), a cable (which I do) and a MIVEC Pajero Evolution (which I do), is there a way to COPY the ecu's files? Or is this revealing the shallow depths of my knowledge in such matters?

You may be onto something. Couple questions. First what is the part number on your ecu? Second do you have a picture of both the plugs that go into the ecu as well as pictures of the ecu board itself? Third what year is your vehicle? From there I can determine the future. :)

ChargerX3

• I'm new here!
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2017, 07:33:40 PM »
Paj Posted photos on the FB thread that I started. It doesn't have the board. The Evo trucks use speed density vs MAF.

Every time I read this thread title I chuckle. Partly because its funny, and partly because its one of my favorites, and there's a certain irony in there.

So, complete moron question: If I have Evoscan (which I do), a cable (which I do) and a MIVEC Pajero Evolution (which I do), is there a way to COPY the ecu's files? Or is this revealing the shallow depths of my knowledge in such matters?

You may be onto something. Couple questions. First what is the part number on your ecu? Second do you have a picture of both the plugs that go into the ecu as well as pictures of the ecu board itself? Third what year is your vehicle? From there I can determine the future. :)
No board? Impossible. Still need circuitry to run everything. That is cool that he is speed density though. Wonder if they calibrate it the same with load for the timing and fuel maps. If someone cares to link me to said posts that would be great.

reversecaoboy

• I'm new here!
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2017, 08:49:01 AM »
Concealer....did you use to play over at Roadsterdrift? That username is so familiar.

concealer404

• OH U MAF?
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2017, 09:01:37 AM »
Concealer....did you use to play over at Roadsterdrift? That username is so familiar.

No, but i did make fun of that site a few times on ClubRoadster.  (I'm a mod over there.)   :P
1998 Montero Winter Package (For Sale)
1994 FZJ80 Land Cruiser (Wife's)
2006 V8 4Runner Sport Edition (Mine)

kalieracer

• I'm new here!
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2017, 11:55:31 AM »
I mean no photos of the board... yeah speed density maps are way different.

No board? Impossible. Still need circuitry to run everything. That is cool that he is speed density though. Wonder if they calibrate it the same with load for the timing and fuel maps. If someone cares to link me to said posts that would be great.

ChargerX3

• I'm new here!
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2017, 02:46:28 PM »
Useful info to have none the less. Still a lot of code to break through so this could help the endeavor.

Paj Download and send me the .rom file and Iíll see what I can do. If we are lucky we can build you  an xml so he can tweak your own tune.

kalieracer

• I'm new here!
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2017, 03:12:18 PM »
On a side note, I got a factory FTO ECU that is V6 Mivec and 4 plug 92 pin. I am sending it over to Adam next week.

Useful info to have none the less. Still a lot of code to break through so this could help the endeavor.

Paj Download and send me the .rom file and Iíll see what I can do. If we are lucky we can build you  an xml so he can tweak your own tune.

PajEvo

• "The Canadian"
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2017, 06:32:38 PM »

I can post the pics here too if you like? Just to keep all together?

PajEvo

• "The Canadian"
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2017, 06:34:44 PM »

No one has answered my question yet though. Is it simply a matter of plugging into evoscan and dl'ing the ECU? Or do I need a different piece of software. I've used the MUT II and ABS as well as OBD sections of the program with some success, but haven't delved any further. Wasn't there a separate program? ECU flash or some such thing?

kalieracer

• I'm new here!
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2017, 09:02:36 PM »
Sure, can you post them in the Mivec thread in the gen2 tech?

I can post the pics here too if you like? Just to keep all together?

ChargerX3

• I'm new here!
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2017, 09:50:00 PM »

No one has answered my question yet though. Is it simply a matter of plugging into evoscan and dl'ing the ECU? Or do I need a different piece of software. I've used the MUT II and ABS as well as OBD sections of the program with some success, but haven't delved any further. Wasn't there a separate program? ECU flash or some such thing?

Pm sent.

reversecaoboy

• I'm new here!
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2017, 12:34:47 PM »

No, but i did make fun of that site a few times on ClubRoadster.  (I'm a mod over there.)   :P

Oh that's right. I haven't logged into CR since the hack thing and couldn't reset my password. lol I was monkey.magicx over at CR.

concealer404

• OH U MAF?
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2017, 12:37:04 PM »

Oh that's right. I haven't logged into CR since the hack thing and couldn't reset my password. lol I was monkey.magicx over at CR.

Would you like assistance?  :)

concealer404

• OH U MAF?
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2017, 12:40:06 PM »
Also:  you dudes talking about ECU stuff: 

If you could just go ahead and keep posting what you're talking about in my thread, that would be awesome.  This is not sarcasm, i do not mind messy build threads, and my biggest issue with the 3.8 swaps is that i can't find information on the ECU stuff.  I see people talk about it, i see people do it, but i don't see anyone actually give great information on it.  Coming from the Miata community and Megasquirt, the lack of documentation on how to use these flashable Mitsubishi ecus is downright horrifying and not something i'm willing to jump into without a TON more information.  Maybe even handholding.  But this being my DD, i can't really spend a weekend doing the swap mechanically, then spend the last 6 months flailing about blindly trying to get the truck to run right and hopefully not popping a motor or two in the process.  :)

reversecaoboy

• I'm new here!
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2017, 12:47:09 PM »

Would you like assistance?  :)

I don't own a miata anymore, but sure!

I forgot I guess I had my username changed to reversecaoboy there too. lol