Author Topic: Ice cold lower rad hose  (Read 882 times)

ThePug

• I'm new here!
    • View Profile
Ice cold lower rad hose
« on: November 03, 2017, 09:14:40 PM »
I just did the head gasket in the Strada and it runs great hasn't been getting warm out on 150km and the temp was staying low and exhaust temp 420-500 max. Anyways on my way home tonight the temp was creeping up ever so slightly (could have been in my head) since I'm a little paranoid about the head. I got home and popped the hood was looking for any leaks or sign of over heating or blown head gasket again, no oil in fuel or fuel in oil no bubbling in reservoir which is what was happening last time. I grabbed the upper rad hose quite warm borderline hot, decided to try lower hose ice cold not even like warm but cold. What would cause this water pump? Or air lock? My rad just came back from being recorded. Any thoughts. Thanks in advance

PajEvo

• Global Moderator
  • "The Canadian"
    • View Profile
    • JDM Journeys
Re: Ice cold lower rad hose
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2017, 06:28:23 AM »
How high is temp getting?
Are you getting heat from your heater?
Did you replace thermostat when you did everything else?
What was your bleed procedure?

ThePug

• I'm new here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2017, 07:49:21 PM »
Temp was only getting halfway on the gauge so not all the way like when the head gasket had let go. But I don't want to do the job again so I never let it climb. For bleeding I filled everything and then left the rad cap off until it was bubbling then topped it off and shut it down. I may be over reacting but I don't want to blow another gasket or screw the head. Tomorrow evening after work I will be using my digital thermometer and see what the temps are upper and lower. For all I know I haven't reached the 170 degrees for the thermostat to open. And Paj yes new thermostat. And also I am getting heat inside cab

PajEvo

• Global Moderator
  • "The Canadian"
    • View Profile
    • JDM Journeys
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2017, 12:25:21 PM »
Yeah caution is the way to go for sure. Did you run the heater while you were bleeding it? Wanna get those bubbles out of the heater core too of course. Yeah, could be that the stat hasn't even opened yet. That clutch fan, even when not locked up, still wants to cool a bit, so hard to get it up to temp very quickly when its cold out. Laser thermometer is a good diagnostic tool for sure.