Author Topic: Alignment Bolt Part #s  (Read 936 times)

haolepinoy

• My Montero Hates Me
Alignment Bolt Part #s
« on: November 14, 2017, 01:07:18 PM »
Does anyone happen to know the part numbers for the rear toe and caster adjustment bolts on the rear of a Gen 3 Montero?

I've been searching the parts warehouse catalogues and google but cannot find the part #.
'03 Montero Limited - being repaired slightly faster than it's falling apart (debatable)

Middle-earth by Montero

My Friend's Super Epic Build Thread

Crumb

Re: Alignment Bolt Part #s
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2017, 04:44:36 PM »
 I'm searching ASA too, so far nothing but I'm just on my break at work.

Crumb

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2017, 04:51:28 PM »

BOLT,RR SUSP LWR ARM

Part Number: MR418674

There's one

haolepinoy

• My Montero Hates Me
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2017, 06:40:47 AM »
Thanks TOASTY. I'm saving up for the Siberian Bushing Kits so I can replace things while putting in my new suspension. My rear end on the Gen 3 has a terrible case of adolescent camber, which I've come to learn is very common on the IRS models. The common cause seems to be seized camber adjustment bolts that most alignment shops refuse to mess with. Worn bushings seem to contribute as well.

The part description you list above is for the right rear (I'm assuming that's what "RR" stands for). Do you know if the left and right bolts would be interchangeable, or would they have to be mirror images of each other since they're on different sides. Also, I wonder if the toe adjustment bolts are interchangeable with the camber adjustment bolts. Seems all four are susceptible to seizing, and if I break one during disassembly I'd like to at least know the part # for a replacement.

Again, thanks for helping. Hopefully I'll have funds free up sometime before or after the holidays for the bushing kits. I'd hate to have to take apart my suspension twice, once for the new springs and shocks, and then again later to do the bushings.
'03 Montero Limited - being repaired slightly faster than it's falling apart (debatable)

Middle-earth by Montero

haolepinoy

• My Montero Hates Me
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2017, 06:50:34 AM »
Your part number got me off in the right direction...thanks.

The toe adjustment bolt in MR418739.

The camber adjustment bolt is MR418674.

Middle-earth by Montero

Crumb

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2017, 06:46:47 PM »
 NICE! It least now the rest of us can easily access them in the future. Teamwork gets it done!

Also thanks for contributing to the tech on this forum, we appreciate it.