Author Topic: Mitsubishi Owners Day WEST JULY 2018- Cypress CA - Off-Roading and Camping trip  (Read 5200 times)

TOASTY

• Administrator
  • Nonsense, Poopy Pants!
    • View Profile
As far as a Southern Sierra's tour/camp goes... Voyager Rock campground is cool, you can get there by car and if Montero guys are feeling adventurous that's also the Dusy Ershim trailhead. It doesn't open until Aug 1st because of snow but you guys could hike and check it out.
 The drive to camp and the camp itself is worth it, Giant Sequoias and some of the most incredible vistas I've ever seen. There are also some nice forest roads worth driving that are not the Dusy you guys could do.

Shovel

• Administrator
  • POTATO
    • View Profile
    • Stuff page updated regularly!
I'm not sure we have enough Busch to get JBFP and Eric out for a recon between now and then. :P

I'm not really in for any of the MOD stuff primarily because I simply can't fit it into the budget this year.   750 miles is going to burn somewhere around 40 gallons of gas.     I have the time but not the funds.

Toasty - Voyager Rock is like... 6 hours north of Anaheim,  are people going to be driving that far after MOD?

TOASTY

• Administrator
  • Nonsense, Poopy Pants!
    • View Profile
 I doubt it but in a previous post he had mentioned the southern Sierras but not having a guide.

IncorpoRatedX

• Not really the
  • Administrator
  • I'm big in Japan.
    • View Profile
    • Adventure Driven Design
The potential guides of the southern sierra portion was Karissa and Linbergh from Gon Dirtin, they've got some family commitments that will conflict but they're going to send me some info on their usual haunts on the south south end of the sierras.

It might work out depending on timing, if we're up there on monday i think they're able to link up with us, but at this point im sort of planning things beyond sunday for the enjoyment of my brother and i, if it works out to be a group adventure, that's cool too!

PA_JERO

• View Profile
Voyeger Rock would be amazing, but Eric is right, that is way far. Honestly, not to be a party pooper, but if i find my way to mod, I will likely rock a hotel Saturday night after the event. I may even head for home afterwards. Although nothing is concrete with my agenda either so who knows.

Shovel

• Administrator
  • POTATO
    • View Profile
Turns out I will be attending MOD after all, but Saturday night probably going to see Stacey's cousins in LA unless I can talk them into camping. 

DONT_TREAD

• View Profile
I'm a definite go for any mod shenanigans because I need to go to Cali that weekend anyway. Idk about camping because the Cali guys haven't really found anything and I have several places to stay in so cal anyway. If something falls into place I'll be good. My real question is what are the plans for Friday night? I'm starting a new job that week so getting it off is q no.
think for yourself, question authority

PA_JERO

• View Profile
IF I can make it to MOD, I will be leaving Friday after work. It could be pretty late by the time I hit the road. No decided plans for sure as of yet on my end though. Truck is still being put together, but It could use a long road test.

IncorpoRatedX

• Not really the
  • Administrator
  • I'm big in Japan.
    • View Profile
    • Adventure Driven Design
IF I can make it to MOD, I will be leaving Friday after work. It could be pretty late by the time I hit the road. No decided plans for sure as of yet on my end though. Truck is still being put together, but It could use a long road test.

My brother lands that friday at 3pm, driggs works too.

Looks like we might all caravan after work on that friday. I'm camping at mitsu hq because I want the primo parking spot and dont want to end up way out in the outskirts. Having all the 4wd's in one spot is bitchin'. if anyone wants to drop their truck and uber to a hotel, i'll stand guard, while i sleep nearby in my truck.

nwoods

• I'm new here!
    • View Profile
There's only 3 weekends including this one to do any recon or set anything up. This could end up being a total bust. I was really hoping some of our SoCal crew members would speak up and help out....

Who is this SoCal crew and what SoCal Monty group are you referring to?  I知 in Orange County and quite familiar with the area.  What kind of info do you need?

PA_JERO

• View Profile
I will camp at Mitsu HQ as well friday night, I meant on Saturday when it's all said and done I will either head towards home that night or gran a hotel and chill for the night and hit the road home way early Sunday.

MudRaider

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
There's only 3 weekends including this one to do any recon or set anything up. This could end up being a total bust. I was really hoping some of our SoCal crew members would speak up and help out....

Who is this SoCal crew and what SoCal Monty group are you referring to?  I知 in Orange County and quite familiar with the area.  What kind of info do you need?

The Facebook group. SoCal Mitsubishi 4x4 I believe.

ChargerX3

• I'm new here!
    • View Profile
I might try to make this I知 my mighty max. Anyone staying at a hotel or air bnb?

Shovel

• Administrator
  • POTATO
    • View Profile
I might try to make this I知 my mighty max. Anyone staying at a hotel or air bnb?

I'm not staying in a hotel this year - but last year I stayed in a Motel 6 about a mile or so East of the venue.    It was a little crusty but far from the worst hotel I've slept.     Not a bad walk, or a pretty cheap Lyft ride .

ChargerX3

• I'm new here!
    • View Profile
Ok so not too bad. What about getting my vehicle inside for the show. What I知 should I get there?