Author Topic: Mitsubishi Owners Day WEST JULY 2018- Cypress CA - Off-Roading and Camping trip  (Read 5199 times)

PA_JERO

• View Profile
Friday evening around 6. Otherwise the evo's take over.

nwoods

• I'm new here!
    • View Profile
The Facebook group. SoCal Mitsubishi 4x4 I believe.

Ah, thanks, I am not on Facebook.

ChargerX3

• I'm new here!
    • View Profile
Friday evening around 6. Otherwise the evo's take over.

That sucks. I wouldn’t be able to make it there until way late into the night. Guess I might as well not even bring Mad Max.

PA_JERO

• View Profile
Way into the night is fine, we had people showing up in there trucks until about 3 or 4 am. Just don't come any later than that because it gets nutty at about 5 or 6am.

ChargerX3

• I'm new here!
    • View Profile
Looks like I would arrive around 1am Saturday morning. Should I ditch my truck there and try to hike to a hotel? Does anyone campout there?

Giovanni

• I'm new here!
    • View Profile
Hi, I'm new to the Mitsubishi world. I'll be going to MOD and hopefully joining you guys for camping afterwards. Any details set in stone yet? I was sent here from the Facebook group

Shovel

• Administrator
  • POTATO
    • View Profile
    • Stuff page updated regularly!
I think plans exist now to camp at lake Elsinore after MOD since the 4 wheeling plans de-materialized!!

Giovanni

• I'm new here!
    • View Profile
Well, bummer.

Shovel

• Administrator
  • POTATO
    • View Profile
    • Stuff page updated regularly!
I think the challenge with wheeling has been that there just isn't a ton of it near Los Angeles, and for example what we did last year was just a long dusty climb with a lot of people learning that their engine cooling system was in need of maintenance.    We had a good time because good folks gathered around a common interest always results in a good time but as for wheeling.. that part wasn't really much to do.   And the elevation didn't really help with the temperature.

So Don't_Tread has (I believe) secured us a beach site at one of the North shore properties of Lake Elsinore,  there's a fee but it's very modest.     Hopefully he'll stop in and tell us the real details on that.      It's a site that would be accessible to everyone,  including any other cool Mitsu folks with Eclipses and stuff. 

DONT_TREAD

• View Profile
Yeah it's a spot right on the beach. It's owned by a good friend. I lived in the town for 7 years so we can do some late night shenanigans on some little trails behind my old house if you guys want
think for yourself, question authority

IncorpoRatedX

• Not really the
  • Administrator
  • I'm big in Japan.
    • View Profile
    • Adventure Driven Design
Looks like I would arrive around 1am Saturday morning. Should I ditch my truck there and try to hike to a hotel? Does anyone campout there?

You'll get there near the same time as me. Camp in the parking lot, it's a bit loud, but who needs sleep? Just rest up on thursday night before. :D

IncorpoRatedX

• Not really the
  • Administrator
  • I'm big in Japan.
    • View Profile
    • Adventure Driven Design
Here's the loose plan for a faction of the AZ-Crew / ADD-Crew

Friday 7/13 PM - Time TBD, leaving Phoenix AZ - if you want to caravan with us, hit us up and let us know when you're available to go, we're going to try and push it late enough to allow as many as possible to caravan with us.

PM me if that applies to you, or text me, or smoke signals, whatever.

Friday Evening 7/13 - arrive at MOD, set camp in the montero section. If any of our Cali friends beat us out there and want to keep space open for roughly 10 of us, that's appreciated, will update with actual numbers to whoever is ground support once we hit the road.

Saturday Morning 7/14 MOD!! - Taking place at Mitsu North America HQ:

6400 Katella Ave Cypress CA 90630

https://www.mitsubishicars.com/owners/events

Saturday noonish 7/14 - Meeting of the AZ Crew / ADD Crew and any others that wish to join the After-MOD Squad camping at Coyote Cove - we have a reservation for 30 or more vehicles. NO 4WD NEEDED - THIS IS A BASE CAMP - Scenic drive to attend this location or take the highway, we'll be leaving HQ - Heading to a designated supply stocking location, then onward to byway 74 for a scenic cruise to camp, commute time 1-2 hours pending stuff, possible stop at Orega Falls? Nick might be able to advise.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Cypress,+CA/Coyote+Cove+Lakeside+Camping,+32310+Riverside+Dr,+Lake+Elsinore,+CA+92530/@33.6122029,-117.4876622,12.5z/data=!4m14!4m13!1m5!1m1!1s0x80dd2e92596bf6ef:0xd42cd7add5c15410!2m2!1d-118.0368507!2d33.8169366!1m5!1m1!1s0x80dc97458689832b:0xf59052842ad8624!2m2!1d-117.3769057!2d33.6725386!3e0

If attending the After-MOD camp:
Show up at the campground and tell them you're with Adventure Driven Design group, rate is $25 per vehicle - No occupant number limit for the group rate, so pack in all your friends, trucks, cars and anything can make it to this lakeside campground, bring you kayak if you want, it's an extra $10 to throw it in.

http://www.coyotecovelakesidecamping.com/

Saturday Evening 7/14 - Planning -
We'll be talking local trails and adventures, for those luck enough to have the time to explore on sunday and beyond, we'll be setting things up for an adventure. Personally my brother and I will be there with a fair amount of time to spare, he's on vacation for this event and I dont have to return to the engineering firm until later in the week, so we want to make the most of it. I'll bring 5 options to the table, but want to have a group discussion and plan what works best for the community. Bring your maps if you want to contribute to this!

Sunday 7/15 - After Mod Squad departs on the decided adventure.

DR1665

• Administrator
  • the agile gearhead
    • View Profile
    • work life parallel
I work at a place called Galvanize downtown. Just west of 7th Street on Grant. Might be a good place to meet downtown to roll out together.

Considering it's a 5+ hour drive (especially with traffic), I think we should try leaving town by 6 at the latest if at all possible. I should be able to roll out by 4 but will hold to caravan.

I've got 2 frs radios and think I've got frs frequencies programmed into my Baofeng, so we've got *some* comms.

Having been to just about every MOD since the first in 07, I'll say that hanging out in the parking lot the night before is one of the better experiences I've had thus far. Cooler temps, laid back crowd, and plenty of interesting conversations.

I'm looking forward to camping Saturday night, though it looks like it could be 100° Saturday and lake Elsinore is reported to have some algae related water quality issues (don't let your doggo drink it).

Should be good times. I'll be heading home Sunday morning, though, as I'm out of PTO.
The Driggins | 98 Pajero | 11 Juke
(Previously: 89 Pajero 2.6, 92 GVR4, 91 GVR4, 97 Talon)

DONT_TREAD

• View Profile
Ortega falls is never flowing and an ok hike. I have a question though, where/how do we sign up for the actual event? Do I need to?
think for yourself, question authority

DR1665

• Administrator
  • the agile gearhead
    • View Profile
    • work life parallel
Ortega falls is never flowing and an ok hike. I have a question though, where/how do we sign up for the actual event? Do I need to?

No signup required for MOD. It officially starts at 9AM Saturday. But the parking lot will be full of Evos by 5AM.

There's usually parking across the street at Yamaha, or in the grass behind MMC by mid-day, but you basically just show up, park where you can, then wander around and check out cool cars.
The Driggins | 98 Pajero | 11 Juke
(Previously: 89 Pajero 2.6, 92 GVR4, 91 GVR4, 97 Talon)