Author Topic: Beer and SOMETIMES a 2.5gen  (Read 9053 times)

Shakotanfun69

• I'm new here!
Beer and SOMETIMES a 2.5gen
« on: December 01, 2017, 08:38:03 AM »
Hello people! Long time creeper on the forum, finally decided to make am account, get ready to see a lot of beerz and parts. I recently moved to the midwest (chicago suburbs) and I purchased a 1998 Montero winter package. I love the fell out of this thing. It came with decently low mileage (145k), and a fairly straight body. Has some rust on one side of the rocker, hopefully I have time to patch that up before the snow comes! Lockers and electronics all work, im pumped!!! Tires are bummy as hell, so haven't been able to test it out.

I lived in Sacramento, CA and I had a 1994 Mighty Max 4x4 that I absolutely loved. Thats what first got me to fall in love with these trucks. Thing drove like a champ. Imported some wheels for it, through it on some 32's and ****ting hell this thing was fun, even though the transfer case was busted.

I put it up for sale a few weeks before I was getting ready to move, and some sh*t bag decided to vandalize the truck right before it was going to sell. A friend ended up with the truck.

Anywho, I moved to Chicago, I was carless for a few months just because I was waiting to find the right 2.5 gen, and one finally came up. I downloaded a million craigslist style apps and I found it on an app called Offer Up. Picked it up for an insane deal and ordered an ADD body lift the first night, will be installing it shortly.

There will be many beer and working on the truck photos also. Beer matching my oil.

Wheels and tires should be in next week. Can't wait to make some use of this thing!!!

Crumb

Re: Beer and SOMETIMES a 2.5gen
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2017, 09:06:15 AM »
Welcome, you found the forum! Good to see new builds.

Shakotanfun69

• I'm new here!
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2017, 09:20:39 AM »
Been a lonnggggggggggggg time since i've touched any forum. Thanks though!

concealer404

• OH U MAF?
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2017, 10:39:49 AM »
Good beer choice.

I will have to make a 3 hour trip this year and drink your beer.  We can compare Montero dongs.
1998 Montero Winter Package (For Sale)
1994 FZJ80 Land Cruiser (Wife's)
2006 V8 4Runner Sport Edition (Mine)

Shakotanfun69

• I'm new here!
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2017, 03:57:16 PM »
Deal ^^^

Shakotanfun69

• I'm new here!
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2017, 03:58:56 PM »
Wheels came in. :jizzfaceemoji:

ChargerX3

• I'm new here!
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2017, 04:55:24 PM »
Nice wheels. Details?

PajEvo

• "The Canadian"
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2017, 05:58:01 PM »
I like where this one is going. And I LOVE those wheels. Actually, loved the ones on the Max too.

We could be brothers with borders - I have a quasi-max (Strada) as well as a quasi-gen2.5 (PajEvo). I don't have any beer though. Shall have to remedy that.

Keep updating. And glad to have you here!

Shakotanfun69

• I'm new here!
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2017, 06:18:50 PM »
Charger - they’re Volk TE37X 16x8

PajEvo- thanks man! I come from modifying cars so I try to bring the Japanese wheel style over to anything else I modify. Haha Much appreciated!

Shakotanfun69

• I'm new here!
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2017, 10:03:54 AM »
Finally all the stuff came in!

So I couldn't do my body lift at home (HOA is usually strict), so I drove a few hours north to a friends shop and he threw it on a lift and he helped me install the body lift.

The view was awesome there. My friend Mike tagged along with me in his R32 Skyline.

And then the montero!

Everything went smoothly besides ripping my driver side brake line out. I was an idiot and I didn't uncoil it. It was a light night.

Went to my buddies to get the new meat that arrived mounted! Pumped!

Christmas Eve didn't have too much going on so I went out in the 20 degree weather, and had a few beers, and installed the wheels!

Cheers!

All done!!!!!!!! Have slight rub on the bumper, but I still have adjustment via tension rods. I'll do this in the meantime while I get ready for a complete lift.

Super happy that I went with this color. I was pretty skeptical.

So far these tires are awesome in the snow, not like I had anything good to compare to since this is my first snow season ever. But they grab pretty well in the snow and ice.

Crumb

« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2017, 04:39:26 PM »
 Again, I love it.

S298WP

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2018, 07:01:17 AM »
Dude!
Looks awesome!!

Hooots

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2018, 11:43:35 AM »
Schaumburg! I'm in your hood at least once a month.

Beautiful 2.5 dude and those wheels are legit. Nice work.
"AZPAJERO" - 1997 Gen 2 Montero SR, 5.29 gears, 37" tires, Detroit front locker, Factory rear

Follow IG: https://www.instagram.com/azpajero/

PajEvo

• "The Canadian"
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2018, 01:05:31 PM »
Man alive, that looks like it came that way from the factory. In ICELAND. Super legit. Karma given, cause your rig is SO COOL. And you saw fit to share. And I like beer.

IncorpoRatedX

• Not really the
  • Administrator
  • I'm big in Japan.
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2018, 08:57:46 PM »
TOO LEGIT TO QUIT!

Love this rig and I'm stoked to see you reppin' in my old street racing stomping grounds. Some of my fondest memories are of the street racing scene out there. I've seen you post some car guys I also know from the midwest. Small world.