Author Topic: Ya'all Are Cool, So Please Tolerate This  (Read 10955 times)

IncorpoRatedX

• Not really the
  • Administrator
  • I'm big in Japan.
Re: Ya'all Are Cool, So Please Tolerate This
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2017, 08:55:38 PM »
so how were the biscuits and gravy chips?

Next adventure, be sure to stop down to AZ and say hi!

concealer404

• OH U MAF?
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2017, 07:34:13 AM »
so how were the biscuits and gravy chips?

Next adventure, be sure to stop down to AZ and say hi!

I didn't get them, i eat potato chips maybe once every 2 years.   :P

When i bought the Gen3 in San Diego, i took the 40 route through.  So... i guess next time i shop, you guys can find me something further south, and i'll come through.  Though if all my order was ready, i would have taken the detour to come hang out and pick it all up and save you dudes some shipping hassle.  :)
1998 Montero Winter Package (For Sale)
1994 FZJ80 Land Cruiser (Wife's)
2006 V8 4Runner Sport Edition (Mine)

concealer404

• OH U MAF?
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2018, 09:28:12 AM »
Welp, this got clobbered by some dumbass running a red light by a good 5+ seconds on Tuesday.  Initial estimate shows it's totaled, but there's a chance that the actual Total Loss department will be close enough to actual market value that it will come through under the 75% threshold.

I'm fixing it either way. Damage is cosmetic only, but estimator had to use OEM parts in his calculations because of a lack of inventory for it in their normal "contracted" yards.  He came up with ~$6k cost to repair. 

The question here is if wife will want to keep it or not.  If she doesn't.... don't hate me, but the Montero is going away, and i'm taking this.

2018-05-02_07-47-15 by concealer404, on Flickr

2018-05-02_07-47-42 by concealer404, on Flickr

2018-05-02_07-47-54 by concealer404, on Flickr

concealer404

• OH U MAF?
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2018, 05:11:39 PM »
Got insurance to re-do valuation, we're now under total threshold.  Looks like we're repairing it AND probably keeping the Montero and hoping i can find a place to work on the damn thing soon.

IncorpoRatedX

• Not really the
  • Administrator
  • I'm big in Japan.
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2018, 10:36:09 AM »
What a bummer! LMK how we can help you rebuild it and make it better. :D

concealer404

• OH U MAF?
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2018, 10:47:44 AM »
Can you get body parts for these things?  All the damage is cosmetic only.  Am after either an ARB bull bar, Ironman Deluxe, or whatever is on this fresh shit:

Also looking for some Depo/clear headlights, NOT the fugly ones with the projectors and gross halo rings.

Sir_Monty

• I'm new here!
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2018, 07:33:38 AM »
Just read this and nice 80 and sorry for it getting hit. Thst happened to my friend and insurance said the same thing. But he told them to shove it and he fixed his. As long as the fame if good it'll be fine. Just need bumper fenders and headlights.

concealer404

• OH U MAF?
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2018, 07:41:07 AM »
Just read this and nice 80 and sorry for it getting hit. Thst happened to my friend and insurance said the same thing. But he told them to shove it and he fixed his. As long as the fame if good it'll be fine. Just need bumper fenders and headlights.

Yep, turns out everything forward of the firewall is removable on these.  Nothing is welded.  Makes me happy.  Going to handle the actual fixing myself, body shop will only be used for paint.

Carnage list so far:

Driver fender
Driver fender flare
Driver inner fender
Passenger fender
Bumper
Driver headlight
Driver corner light
Signal light valance

Grille appears to have survived somehow, but there is some damage to the end of the lower radiator support.  It looks like only one attachment point (where inner fender and valance attach) is affected, so i'm trying to decide between replacing it or just pounding it out and painting it so it doesn't rust.

I've already sourced all the hard parts, i may slightly change my order with him, though.  There's a 97 LX450 i can get parts off of for super cheap north of me, so i might grab the valance/headlights/grill/corner lights from that and make the truck a little interesting.  Downside with that is if i find the Depo headlights, i'll have to go back to a LC grille/valance. 

As of right now, the plan is to tear it apart when the parts arrive and try to bolt it back together same weekend. 

While we're in there:
1) ARB/Ironman/Slee Short Bus bumper
2) Delete running boards, install appropriate mudflaps
3) Hopefully Depo lights w/ Morimoto LED projectors
4) 91-92 spec blue/grey cloth interior swap including seats/door panels/carpets

The goal is to come out of this with a truck that has all my wife's complaints addressed, leaving us with something that only "needs" a small 2-3" lift to be "perfect" for our uses.

Crumb

« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2018, 08:24:56 AM »
Good excuse to do like a Flex Dream type kit. Like putting base model Pajero round headlamps on a LWB USDM Montero.

concealer404

• OH U MAF?
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2018, 09:23:06 AM »
Good excuse to do like a Flex Dream type kit. Like putting base model Pajero round headlamps on a LWB USDM Montero.

I think there's a multi-year waiting list on those and they cost a million dollars.  Plus, i think my wife would hate that.   :P

Crumb

« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2018, 01:43:27 PM »
Well i have to say, if it were a Montero you'd be able to do a conversation for about $50 and a couple weeks wait on shipping.  Just sayin' 😁

concealer404

• OH U MAF?
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2018, 06:01:23 AM »
Well i have to say, if it were a Montero you'd be able to do a conversation for about $50 and a couple weeks wait on shipping.  Just sayin' 😁

Yes, because Gen2s came like that.

That kit on the LC is custom grille, custom lights, FJ60 corner lights, and modified fenders. :P

And in the end, would just remind my wife that i didn't buy her an FJ60 like she really wanted.  :P