Author Topic: Goldi-Locker and the three Diamonds. 1999 Montero - Adventure Engineered.  (Read 3194 times)

concealer404

• OH U MAF?
    • View Profile
Re: Goldi-Locker gets upgrades. 1999 Montero
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2018, 08:24:37 AM »
What vents are those?  Doesn't look like the panel you dudes sell.
1998 Montero Winter Package (For Sale)
1994 FZJ80 Land Cruiser (Wife's)
2006 V8 4Runner Sport Edition (Mine)

IncorpoRatedX

• Not really the
  • Administrator
  • I'm big in Japan.
    • View Profile
    • Adventure Driven Design
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2018, 08:47:41 AM »
What vents are those?  Doesn't look like the panel you dudes sell.

It's recently added, i've been trying to add a product to the site every week, sometimes I add a few, sometimes I add none, but the site grows often.

http://shop.adventuredrivendesign.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=71_73&product_id=190

Se7en62

• The British Empire was built on cups of tea...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2018, 08:56:04 AM »
I dig the louvers. Do you have a closer picture of them inside and outside?
Follow @overland_pajero

1999 Montero "Winter Package" Overland - X3 / ADD / ADHD / ARB / AVN / OME / Bilstein / CVT / DFG / Dometic

IncorpoRatedX

• Not really the
  • Administrator
  • I'm big in Japan.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2018, 09:01:20 AM »
I debate about the hood vents all the time. Never know how much they help. I dig the look though dude, keep it up.

thanks homie! You've been to the race track and seen all the cars sitting with hoods up, not because they need work (most of the time), im sure you know, that's to let all the heat out so it's not heat-soaked on the next pass. Heat soaking doesn't just drop engine performance (usually in the form of lost timing advance), it will drop the longevity of the engine, seals and hoses, and our engines get terribly heat soaked going slow on these trails, you know this first hand.

I want to data-log engine parameters with and without the vents, i think JB has a spare hood but i could swap with anyone, i would love to run the same section of trail from a warm start, log coolant, oil and trans temp, timing advance and AFR's, i'd need a little more equipment for some of that, then compare. Even at minimal gains it's worth it in my book, mostly cause it looks bitchin'! haha.

IncorpoRatedX

• Not really the
  • Administrator
  • I'm big in Japan.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2018, 09:02:35 AM »
I dig the louvers. Do you have a closer picture of them inside and outside?

There's a close-up photo on the website, or are you asking about close-ups of them on my hood?

TOASTY

• Nonsense, Poopy Pants!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2018, 09:08:59 AM »
 I no longer have any stake in this BUT i do have actual Evo hood vents and test hood to install some day (or never). I like the science and testing of things, If you would like i have the tools and control vehicle to science up your new vents. We could check internal temps to the degree and external temps +/- 3 degrees so that you can attach a physical number to the gains. I sent an IR temp gun to another guy with vents as well so it would be a neat experiment to do a comparison to determine the best location to install vents with gains/losses over stock.

IncorpoRatedX

• Not really the
  • Administrator
  • I'm big in Japan.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2018, 09:17:59 AM »
You're welcome to come play scientist when/if I conduct the experiment.

IncorpoRatedX

• Not really the
  • Administrator
  • I'm big in Japan.
    • View Profile
Paint it black.

I painted the bumpers black and took the truck to Mitsubishi Owners' Day and then camping and offroading, total trip miles, 1500. Trip report is here.

reversecaoboy

• I'm new here!
    • View Profile
Josh, I've been meaning to ask, How is the 5100/OME combo unloaded? I daily my Montero and usually the back is empty or has about 50lbs of crap back there, and when camping I hardly have any more than 200-300lbs.

IncorpoRatedX

• Not really the
  • Administrator
  • I'm big in Japan.
    • View Profile
That's pretty much how I run. I like it, I drove eric's on 4600's and prefer mine with the 5100s. I'll take you for a ride in it and let you decide.