Author Topic: 2001 Montero Limited Going to the crusher  (Read 2566 times)

ChargerX3

• I'm new here!
2001 Montero Limited Going to the crusher
« on: January 02, 2018, 10:31:27 AM »
Is there anything of importance that I should pull off this truck before sending it to the crusher? I have already pulled the motor for another project. I thought about the rear hybrid lsd but Iím told itís the wrong spline. Also was goin to pull the front brakes and rotors but apparently they arenít an easy for for my mighty maxís

Anything Iím missing?

Crumb

Re: 2001 Montero Limited Going to the crusher
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2018, 04:42:41 PM »
 What's all left? and how far are you from Phoenix?

ChargerX3

• I'm new here!
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2018, 06:44:20 PM »
Just about everything else. I think I grabbed a few head rests and the front diff cover for the max. Mostly all still there. Might grab the radio too. FYI the wiring harness is gone. Had to canibalize it for Opeation Mighty Max.

Located in Reno.

Should I grab the upper control arms or anything else?

Crumb

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2018, 08:00:30 PM »
 Wow, Reno is too far for me to want it. Really not much compatible, 5 speed would be cool to swap into something. IFS would be neat to graft onto a different truck, I might be interested in the rear calipers and their brackets if you wanna sell them.

The Hybrid LSD is a 33 spline and like most of the truck is really only good for another Gen 3 guy.

ChargerX3

• I'm new here!
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2018, 10:14:40 PM »
Front eats have some rips in them. Found some other seats that look better for the max. Was tempted to rip out the heater elements. Tank is different.

PajEvo

• "The Canadian"
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2018, 08:33:12 AM »
Are the head and tail lights intact? I could use both, along with the lid and hinge for the center console, and the mid pipe between the airbox and the collector above the rad (slightly off color from the rest of the assembly) but that would require shipping and I'm not sure you're down with that?.

ChargerX3

• I'm new here!
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2018, 09:31:09 AM »
Heads and tails are good. Fronts are slightly foggy. Console rest is broke. Not sure about the intake piping.

PajEvo

• "The Canadian"
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2018, 11:13:25 AM »
Foggy is fine. I think they all are at this point? If you're interested in shipping, I'd be interested in the heads, tails, pipe (if not broken) and maybe even the sun visors if they're gray, in good shape, and have the extensions that pull out (or maybe this was a later thing?). If you don't to ship I understand. But if you, please figure out how much you want for the bundle, and pm me?

Thanks dude!
Phil