Author Topic: 1996 Montero SR - Project Arroyo  (Read 2639 times)

SONICMASD

• I'm new here!
    • View Profile
Re: 1996 Montero SR - Project Arroyo
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2018, 12:32:01 PM »
Regarding the Crank Sensor during a timing belt job - I would do it while you're in there. Mine threw a code when I went through a big mud hole at speed so I replaced mine during the next timing belt job.

Also - I can't help much with your engine items but if your seats won't tumble forward, check out my build thread for pics and instructions on how to fix that.

WELCOME AND CONGRATS!

Funf

• I probably need help fixing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2018, 01:55:42 PM »
I got some new shoes, so figured it was time to actually test on some dirt to make sure all the 4wd running gear worked as it should. It does :)

Wheel and tire specs for future generations: 265/75/16 BFG A/T KO2 tires on 16x8 et-12 ProComp Aluminum 69 series wheels. Stock suspension.  The front sits a little lower than the rear when measuring on fender height on flat ground, so will likely crank the torsion bars a tad to level it out.

Untitled by Nathan, on Flickr

I wanted to improved some of the touch points, first one being where my booty sits, so I put on the Cabela's trail gear seat cover to hide the ripped front leather.

I find 220K miles worth of other peoples hands on the steering wheel is a bit icky, so I got a Wheelskins leather cover that I stitched on.  I got some samples of the charcoal and gray leather but those colors didn't look right, so just went was boring old black.  I have had one of these covers in my Miata for years  (although the Euro-perforated type), so am now a repeat customer. 

Next up I should actually do all that engine maintenance stuff after adding these fun bits.

1996 Montero SR

Zimdoc

• I'm new here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2018, 09:55:38 PM »
Great looking truck! Thanks for posting photos of your wheel and tire fitment too. It hard to get good information on decent offsets for SR's.