Author Topic: "Sealed beam" LED headlight information  (Read 1033 times)

RaptorReed

• View Profile
"Sealed beam" LED headlight information
« on: January 26, 2018, 10:24:11 PM »
As much as I try to steer people clear away from buying the cheap knockoff LED headlights on the internet, it still seems to fall of deaf ears of those so set in their ways......
So, here is a rather informative video for those of you looking into LED lights for your sealed beam Gen 1s, Gen 2 SWBs, or Converted Gen 2s. While I haven't done the conversion yet on my Gen 2, I do have the 5x7 Truck-lites on my Starion and I'm quite satisfied by the their performance. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNZT6QqHHOo
Tim
1994 Monterp SR
1992 Galant VR-4
1988 Starion
1976 Colt Galant

TOASTY

• Nonsense, Poopy Pants!
    • View Profile
Re: "Sealed beam" LED headlight information
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2018, 08:14:03 PM »
 Excellent find dude!

jkgordon

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2018, 04:10:42 PM »
Is there more info somewhere on converting a Gen 2?  Ive searched for it but cant find anything.
Jay Gordon
1997 Montero SR

RaptorReed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2018, 04:14:24 PM »
Is there more info somewhere on converting a Gen 2?  Ive searched for it but cant find anything.

No, there are no known write ups on the web yet. It has been done several times around the globe, Adam (Toasty) has done it twice using sheet metal from Gen 1s. You would need the early Japanese Headlight bezels to start off with, if you are lucky enough you could obtain the panels too that are spot welded to core support. I have both of these, just have other things to tend to before I dive into this swap.
Tim
1994 Monterp SR
1992 Galant VR-4
1988 Starion
1976 Colt Galant