Author Topic: Smoky Mountain Overland Rally - April 27 to 29  (Read 419 times)

haolepinoy

• My Montero Hates Me
    • View Profile
Smoky Mountain Overland Rally - April 27 to 29
« on: February 02, 2018, 02:54:24 PM »

This year's Smoky Mountain Overland Rally is being held at the Dark Holler Off-road Park in Cosby, TN. Here's the event's description from their website:

Event Information (Dates: April 27-29, 2018)

SMOR is a rally style event where there will be rides lead by staff both at the off-road park onsite and at other local trails. There will also be overland classes offered that will cover everything from electrical systems to winching/recovery techniques.

Staff will be there lead rides for all skill levels and vehicle types. (Including motorcycles and Subaru's)

Sponsors/Vendors from the area will be onsite showcasing and selling the latest and greatest of the gear they have.

Event schedules will be posted on the website and emailed all participants a month before the event.

All rides and class registrations will take place on first day of the event.

Camping will be onsite in a designated area.

Camping is primitive (no electric or water hookups).

Water is available to be filtered from the river that runs through the park.

RV's and 5th wheels will not be allowed at the event.

Restrooms: Pit-toilets and Porta-johns will be available for everyone the entire weekend.

A raffle will be held at the end of the event where everyone will get a chance to win prizes from our sponsors and vendors.

The costs is $85 per driver, $30 per additional guest, kids 12 and under are free.

My family will be there, and my wife and I will likely be teaching something about traveling with kids (like how to survive a 20+ hour trip with ZERO bathroom breaks or something ridiculous like that). The Auto Off Topic guys said that the NE Crew might be bringing a group down, and if so that'd be great. See you guys there.
'03 Montero Limited - being repaired slightly faster than it's falling apart (debatable)

Middle-earth by Montero

My Friend's Super Epic Build Thread