Author Topic: And the New TRD Pro Package gets a Snorkel  (Read 767 times)

FordyceCreek

• Where am I?
    • View Profile
And the New TRD Pro Package gets a Snorkel
« on: February 08, 2018, 07:46:41 AM »
Drum roll, re-designed TRD Packages still gets no rear locker for the poor, suffering Tundra and the Tacoma gets dirt dragging shock set up and a Snorkel. No power, no tech, no front locker, no gearing, no AWD mode, no bigger tires, no sway bar disconnect.....Meanwhile US brands are blowing the 4x4 world up. Sigh....

https://www.tfltruck.com/2018/02/2019-toyota-tacoma-trd-pro-tundra-specs-images-video/
My name is Lloyd. Cross overs are for chicks, I like my Woman hot and nasty, Pizza,(Courtesy of Pat for 2018) AC/DC and my favorite trails are Hole-N-The-Rock and Fordyce Creek.

1996 Montero, 37" BFG, 4:1 Rocktrac, 4:88, ARB and Factory Lockers, GPS Speedo, SAS
2015 4 Runner TRD Pro Inferno with sliders and a rack
2018 Flame Red Power Wagon. Luxo package and Dual Alternators. Sliders, Extra Skids, wireless remote. What the hell else do you need on a PW?

TOASTY

• Administrator
  • Nonsense, Poopy Pants!
    • View Profile
Re: And the New TRD Pro Package gets a Snorkel
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2018, 12:23:29 PM »
 Ford and Jeep have them beat by a huge margin, Toyota is turning into a tired company relying on their brand to carry their sales. Within the next 10 years we'll watch them sink into obscurity like Mitsubishi did.

MrGalantguy

• Yes...I own Galants
    • View Profile
Re: And the New TRD Pro Package gets a Snorkel
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2018, 06:52:09 AM »
Toyota has tons of $$..but the advantage Jeep has is they cater to a specific market and that's SUV's. Ford at this point is taking risks and putting out some pretty well equipped vehicles out there and its paying off pretty well it seems....as this catches the eye of new customers in the market for a new vehicle.

I worked for Toyota years ago...and for a short stint a couple years ago and honestly Toasty is right, they are riding their brand name and reputation for reliable vehicles they produce. This fits the masses....most consumers only really care for a vehicle that's reliable and can get them from point A and B and fits the current "fad" in automotive features with a good resale value. If you really look at Toyota's vehicle lineup and really dig under the skin...they are boring vehicles.

Their Lexus "F" vehicles though...are a bit more exciting. My neighbor has a 1st gen isF and that thing is fun to drive.

-1998 Montero (Winter package & Adjustable suspension)
-2002 Montero Limited
-1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000
-1996 Galant 4G64t 5spd
Owner of: Nostalgic JDM
Facebook: Nostalgic JDM
Business Instagram: @nostalgic_jdm407
Personal Instagram: @itsaboutfam