Author Topic: HyperFest - May 18 to 20  (Read 690 times)

haolepinoy

• My Montero Hates Me
    • View Profile
HyperFest - May 18 to 20
« on: February 14, 2018, 01:46:56 PM »

*2017 graphic since they haven't uploaded a 2018 version yet.

HyperFest will be taking place at the Virginia International Raceway again this year, the weekend of May 18th through the 20th. If you're into cars in any way there's something for you to enjoy at the event. You'll see drifting, rally racing, NASA track racing, monster truck rides, car shows, off-road obstacle courses and trail rides, karting competitions, burn-out competitions, and more...they even had helicopter rides last year. More info at their website, hyper-fest.com.

[/url]

I've been two of the last three years with the kids and had a good time each trip. They offer free (I think) camping at the racetrack, but if you've got a family like me you'll probably want to camp elsewhere (gets a little wild after dark). We tacked the event on at the tail end of a 5-day camping trip with the kids last year (check it out here).

The off-road stuff looks expensive, but the I4WDTA instructors with Path Less Traveled know what they're doing. May be a fun time for anyone interested. I'll probably find a free dirt road or two on the way to the event to explore with my crew. More info on the off-road offerings can be found at pltoffroad.com.

https://youtu.be/NBASyvs-7iI
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 01:55:28 PM by haolepinoy »
'03 Montero Limited - being repaired slightly faster than it's falling apart (debatable)

Middle-earth by Montero

My Friend's Super Epic Build Thread

TOASTY

• Administrator
  • Nonsense, Poopy Pants!
    • View Profile
Re: HyperFest - May 18 to 20
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2018, 10:02:16 PM »
 Makes me want a GT, mine would have a 3.5DOHC from a Montero with a 2WD Montero Sport transmission and a VR-4 rear subframe. It would be like a Sapporo but 90's

ChargerX3

• I'm new here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2018, 08:05:20 AM »
Nice first gen TT Stealth. I see lots of work put into her.

MrGalantguy

• Yes...I own Galants
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2018, 05:28:33 AM »
Nice GTO...love it. I would definitely love to add one to my Mitsubishi collection but I have no where to store it. I am going to need a bigger garage and some decent land property for all the Mitsus I want.

That event definitely looks fun!
-1998 Montero (Winter package & Adjustable suspension)
-2002 Montero Limited
-1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000
-1996 Galant 4G64t 5spd
Owner of: Nostalgic JDM
Facebook: Nostalgic JDM
Business Instagram: @nostalgic_jdm407
Personal Instagram: @itsaboutfam