Author Topic: Sunflower Mine Az 3-24-18  (Read 691 times)

TOASTY

• Administrator
  • Nonsense, Poopy Pants!
    • View Profile
Sunflower Mine Az 3-24-18
« on: March 26, 2018, 10:26:00 AM »
 PA_JERO and I took a new Montero owner out wheeling this past Saturday to the Mercury Mine, we decided we couldn't make the Sheeps Bridge trip due to a time constraint on my end and PAJ having a score to settle with Sunflower Mine naturally we set out to conquer. Our new friend had just gotten his new to him 1999 Montero driving and legal, he was itching to go see what this 4 wheeling thing was all about. Despite his inexperience he did have a truck built to handle the task, I warned him of the challenge ahead and potential risks involved with this type of trail. He was determined and I assured him we would help him get through safely and show him the ropes.
 We set out around 8:30am and upon arriving at the turn off for the trail we had a little white Mirage following us, at the trailhead we stopped and it turned out to be Lordtrunks heading home from work. We caught up with him while we aired down then parted ways as we started the trail. Once we arrived at the first obstacle I gave the new guy the option to take the bypass or just follow my tracks, he opted to get started wheeling and made the climb with little effort and didn't even flinch when his tires lifted off the ground.
 At the next challenging section I didn't even suggest the bypass as it was really obvious and the first rock garden was a little more than I thought he would attempt, I crawled though without issue and to my surprise there was the white Montero door deep in boulders. With a little spotting he crawled his way though no problem and stated "That was really tough, I didn't see the bypass".
 This was kind of the theme from then on, we all just made our way through each rock garden and the new Monty owner fine tuned his skills along the way. PAJ defeated what got him the last trip and the only issue anyone had was the new truck illuminating the A/T light due to being undergeared. Perfect weather made for really good times.

TOASTY

• Administrator
  • Nonsense, Poopy Pants!
    • View Profile
Re: Sunflower Mine Az 3-24-18
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2018, 11:02:02 AM »

« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 11:25:39 AM by TOASTY »

TOASTY

• Administrator
  • Nonsense, Poopy Pants!
    • View Profile
Re: Sunflower Mine Az 3-24-18