Author Topic: Gen2.5 EcuFlash Definition File  (Read 6978 times)

kalieracer

• I'm new here!
Re: Gen2.5 EcuFlash Definition File
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2018, 10:05:39 AM »
No Adam from Chrome ECU. His ECU's are known as jesters (pretty sure that his forum handle)

So maybe I can shed some light on this.  Since I have been working with Jester to move forward the montero ECU project.  He will have 98-2000 PNP ECU shortly.

Are you referring to John from Jestr tuning?

MrGalantguy

• Yes...I own Galants
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2018, 11:52:07 AM »
Ok...i personally know John from Jestr Tuning.

Sounds good...looking forward to seeing if the Gen 2.5 Ecus can be tuned. I am sure a couple extra HP can be squeezed with some talented tuning.
-1998 Montero (Winter package & Adjustable suspension)
-2002 Montero Limited
-1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000
-1996 Galant 4G64t 5spd
Owner of: Nostalgic JDM
Facebook: Nostalgic JDM
Business Instagram: @nostalgic_jdm407
Personal Instagram: @itsaboutfam

kalieracer

• I'm new here!
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2018, 02:21:12 PM »
Real issue with gen 2.5 trucks is the lack of knock sensor, you can tune them but if you go too far the ECU will let the motor ping it's self to death

Sounds good...looking forward to seeing if the Gen 2.5 Ecus can be tuned. I am sure a couple extra HP can be squeezed with some talented tuning.

concealer404

• OH U MAF?
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2018, 02:23:08 PM »
Strangely, Rockauto lists a knock sensor for my truck.  Now, i know Rockauto =! Mitsubishi, but historically they've been pretty good about that for me. 

I'd be worried about knock sensor if i was going for power, but i'm not.  I have det cans anyways i suppose.

Real issue with gen 2.5 trucks is the lack of knock sensor, you can tune them but if you go too far the ECU will let the motor ping it's self to death

1998 Montero Winter Package (For Sale)
1994 FZJ80 Land Cruiser (Wife's)
2006 V8 4Runner Sport Edition (Mine)

kalieracer

• I'm new here!
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2018, 02:27:44 PM »
I can assure you that 97-2000 trucks do no have a knock sensor.. The chip does not even exist on the ECU board for it.

Strangely, Rockauto lists a knock sensor for my truck.  Now, i know Rockauto =! Mitsubishi, but historically they've been pretty good about that for me. 

I'd be worried about knock sensor if i was going for power, but i'm not.  I have det cans anyways i suppose.

IncorpoRatedX

• Not really the
  • Administrator
  • I'm big in Japan.
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2018, 03:23:06 PM »
I think rock auto messed that up because the DOHC trucks had knock sensors, then the sohc didnt, then the gen 3 did, i think? I cant remember, either way, it phased in an out and confused them, and me apparently.

MrGalantguy

• Yes...I own Galants
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2018, 05:06:47 PM »
That is correct...no knock sensor on the 98-00 Monteros. The knock sensor is suppose to be center of the valley between the heads. Don't know why Mitsu decided to do this.

-1998 Montero (Winter package & Adjustable suspension)
-2002 Montero Limited
-1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000
-1996 Galant 4G64t 5spd
Owner of: Nostalgic JDM
Facebook: Nostalgic JDM
Business Instagram: @nostalgic_jdm407
Personal Instagram: @itsaboutfam

ChargerX3

• I'm new here!
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2018, 11:16:36 PM »
97 ecuís are not flashable. 98-2000 full size Monteros are as well as 98-99 sports. You can download your roms via tactrix and ecu flash burg without an xml they will do you no good. Jester builds the chrome ecuís but he doesnít currently have an xml for Monteros. There are only a couple people who would know how to do so and are the ones who reverse engineered the 3sís.

For the time being you can get the 3s xml and rom and tune from there. Donít expect to flash your old monti rom back on if you do. Also you wonít have knock sensor so either buy a wideband or buy a chrome unit.

concealer404

• OH U MAF?
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2018, 04:32:35 AM »
XML = Definition file?
1998 Montero Winter Package (For Sale)
1994 FZJ80 Land Cruiser (Wife's)
2006 V8 4Runner Sport Edition (Mine)

kalieracer

• I'm new here!
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2018, 12:34:59 PM »
XML does exist for the 98-2000 3.5 someone in AU made one a while back for super charger build. I messaged him to see if he would send it to me

97 ecuís are not flashable. 98-2000 full size Monteros are as well as 98-99 sports. You can download your roms via tactrix and ecu flash burg without an xml they will do you no good. Jester builds the chrome ecuís but he doesnít currently have an xml for Monteros. There are only a couple people who would know how to do so and are the ones who reverse engineered the 3sís.

For the time being you can get the 3s xml and rom and tune from there. Donít expect to flash your old monti rom back on if you do. Also you wonít have knock sensor so either buy a wideband or buy a chrome unit.

IncorpoRatedX

• Not really the
  • Administrator
  • I'm big in Japan.
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2018, 12:55:53 PM »
XML does exist for the 98-2000 3.5 someone in AU made one a while back for super charger build. I messaged him to see if he would send it to me

That's good to know, hope he returns your message.

DR1665

• the agile gearhead
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2018, 01:43:35 PM »
Bump! (Because we really need this.)

Curious side conversation for those who know the ECU hardware. Any chance the 98-up ECUs are used in other models, albeit with different programming?

Years ago, I picked up a FED-spec ECU out of a 3G Eclipse (2.4L/5MT). It was the same hardware found in the Lancer Evo, and I was told it was possible to flash the Evo code to those for use in other Mitsubishis (such as my Galant VR4). I never got to the point where I was ready to dive into that rabbit hole, but I'm curious that ECU might be usable for experimenting on Monteros at all.

Thanks.
The Driggins | 98 Pajero | 11 Juke
(Previously: 89 Pajero 2.6, 92 GVR4, 91 GVR4, 97 Talon)

ChargerX3

• I'm new here!
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2018, 09:11:32 PM »
Bump! (Because we really need this.)

Curious side conversation for those who know the ECU hardware. Any chance the 98-up ECUs are used in other models, albeit with different programming?

Years ago, I picked up a FED-spec ECU out of a 3G Eclipse (2.4L/5MT). It was the same hardware found in the Lancer Evo, and I was told it was possible to flash the Evo code to those for use in other Mitsubishis (such as my Galant VR4). I never got to the point where I was ready to dive into that rabbit hole, but I'm curious that ECU might be usable for experimenting on Monteros at all.

Thanks.
Smart you are. There are 3 total ecu types that use the same board as 98-99 montero guys.. The circuits are just populated differently from the factory. I worked with Jester and several others early on with this. The third ecu has the knock sensor populated but others populated differently. As far as plug and play just pick up a Jester ecu or super rare 98-99 Vr4 or SL ecu and flash tune the 3s rom from there. You can also populate the knock sensor circuit on those ecus after the fact to incorporate with your tuning.

Iíve ran both a Jester and 3K SL ecu with my Max. Both work fine along with my spliced in knock circuit.

kalieracer

• I'm new here!
« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2018, 08:41:47 AM »
So a XML file does exist but it is not ODBII

That's good to know, hope he returns your message.

IncorpoRatedX

• Not really the
  • Administrator
  • I'm big in Japan.
« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2018, 07:10:00 PM »
minor update on this....

My brother is a tuner, has been for about 15 years, and is currently working on a viper race team, I've been trying to get him interested in this project for a long time and while home last week, he finally got interested, then reached out to one of our friends who works at a major tuning software corporation and can build us some files... im not mentioning any names because he's doing this in his off-time, but we're trying to move forward as fast as possible.

This thursday my brother will be dumping his 02 sport ecu, then friday my 99 ecu, probably erics 2000 ecu after MOD, my uncle's gen 3, and whatever else we can get our hands on over the next week. Then it's all going off to our friend and he'll send us back something to work with.

So, no promises, but we've invested some cash to make this happen and people have committed to helping. It'll be available for everyone once we have it, no cost.