Author Topic: Bouncy seat for passenger  (Read 533 times)

MudRaider

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Bouncy seat for passenger
« on: June 03, 2018, 04:55:08 PM »
So, digging around in my pile of stuff, I came across a rusty bouncy seat base. Since I've converted The Ram to a 2-seater, I thought I would make the passenger as comfortable as possible, since it already has the Gen 2 seats in it. Besides, the tilt forward feature of the passenger seat didn't work well with the external speaker for my CV, mounted on the side of the shifters panel.

MudRaider

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Bouncy seat for passenger
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2018, 05:11:50 PM »
Oh. So the point of this. I've got the seat broke down into its 3 basic parts so I can fit it into the sandblaster at work, thought I'd share some pics about something that's been talked about. People have mentioned about putting the adjustment handle on the outside, like on the drivers side. Here's some pics showing what it would take to do it.
https://www.flickr.com/gp/150166400@N07/zZ6onX
This is a backside view, with everything removed, of where the springs get adjusted. That nut you see in there is where the adjustments is held. This nut needs to come off, and moved to the other side, then welded on the other side.

TOASTY

• Nonsense, Poopy Pants!
    • View Profile
Re: Bouncy seat for passenger
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2018, 06:58:04 PM »
I think Pat and i flipped an early bouncy seat like you're doing once, it was a very long time ago so I'm not sure how it turned out. On my later Gen 1's i just watched out for the bases with the forward facing knobs. Ne cool to be able to easily modify these to work on the passenger side. So few Gen 1's left we don't have the luxury of choice as much.