Author Topic: Bouncy Seat Bases  (Read 2195 times)

jaccox

Bouncy Seat Bases
« on: June 12, 2018, 11:50:01 AM »
Okay wise Montero peeps. It's odd that gen2 bouncy base shows up on the East coast (or a pair being even more rare here) and as close to home as this opportunity to avoid shipping by making a day trip to get them. Gentleman has totaled 92 pajero that he purchased to rob the drivetrain for a Diesel swap into his 4 door gen1, he's committed to parting out the remainder of the pajero to to recoup some costs. Lots of neat stuff on the pajero like brembo brakes 4 corner adjustable height and a mint interior. Well it has bouncy bases for the driver and passenger, and I'd like to get them. We have spoken about price and such things. His only concern is he wants to sell his interior as a whole since it is in perfect condition. He did mention that he would be willing to swap me bases so that he could still sell his interior as a whole. So I told him I'd ask about to confirm that swapping bases would work, since I don't want to have to hack something together to make them interchangeable. I don't care to have to modify them to fit my application but I don't want to leave him unable to sell the interior because he tried to help me out with the bouncy bases.

In short will 92 bouncy bases interchange with my 99 non bouncy bases?
1999 Montero. 33x10.5x15 General X3's. 4.90's w/rear locker. Full armor. ADD idler arm. ADD 1.5" complete lift. Siberiean Bushings everywhere. 150W alternator with upgraded 4 AWG leads and grounds. 2nd Battery in the rear for camping stuffs to come.

RyanY

• I'm new here!
Re: Bouncy Seat Bases
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2018, 03:06:55 PM »
Bouncy seat bases will not fit a power seat.

jaccox

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2018, 08:41:56 PM »
Bouncy seat bases will not fit a power seat.
Yup figured it out after talking on the phone with another member. Gonna try a last ditch effort to locate a manual slider and seat from an LS or gen2.5 with cloth interior. That way I can make the trade and fit the seat to my application
1999 Montero. 33x10.5x15 General X3's. 4.90's w/rear locker. Full armor. ADD idler arm. ADD 1.5" complete lift. Siberiean Bushings everywhere. 150W alternator with upgraded 4 AWG leads and grounds. 2nd Battery in the rear for camping stuffs to come.

ThePug

• I'm new here!
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2018, 03:43:06 AM »
Do you know where he is posting the Brembo brakes for sale?

jaccox

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2018, 06:06:51 AM »
Do you know where he is posting the Brembo brakes for sale?
I may have spoken on the brembo from memory of the previous owner and gotten it wrong. He is going to double check on it soon. He may be using them on his rig though. Nothing is set in stone at this point just yet. I'll report back when he's more sure of what he will transfer over and what he plans to sell off