Author Topic: Who are you?  (Read 10770 times)

concealer404

• OH U MAF?
    • View Profile
Re: Who are you?
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2017, 02:05:44 PM »
Swank Force One checking in!

What's the vibe going to be like here?  I'm fairly outspoken and a little opinionated about things i know, but know to shut up when i don't know.  I've kept it way toned down on Expo, but also feel like that hasn't let me connect with most of you.

Please guise can i be myself?  :D
1998 Montero Winter Package (Mine)
2003 20th Anniversary Montero (Wife's)

Mazdax605

• I'm new here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2017, 04:02:12 AM »
Hello everyone,

I'm new here, but I know a few of you guys. My name is Chris, and I know Brad, Drew, and concealer404. I own an 89 Delica Starwagon which I imported with the help of brad almost three years ago. Also I bought a project 91 LWB Montero from Drew last summer. The Montero was purchased as a project for my oldest son as his first car. So far we haven't made much progress, but with the nice weather finally upon us here in New England I hope to change that.

Since getting my Delica, and this Montero I have decided that I need a Montero of my own to replace my Suburban. However I want a Gen 2.5 which has proven very difficult to do so far. If you guys could help me succeed in getting that done that would be awesome. Also I feel I may be leaning on your knowledge base a lot when it comes to fixing the Montero we have. Our Montero has earned a fun name so far. It is known as Project Pokemontero bas my oldest son loves Pokemon. I even had a few decals made up for him as a Christmas gift that has his favorite Pokemon character , and Pokemontero on it with a diamond star logo incorporated. Once I can figure out how to post pictures I will show you the decals, and the vehicles.

Chris

89 Delica
91 Montero LWB
74 REPU
78 RX-7 GS

PajEvo

• Administrator
  • "The Canadian"
    • View Profile
    • JDM Journeys
« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2017, 06:57:22 AM »

What's the vibe going to be like here?  I'm fairly outspoken and a little opinionated about things i know, but know to shut up when i don't know.  I've kept it way toned down on Expo, but also feel like that hasn't let me connect with most of you.

I can't speak for everyone, but I feel like we are going for a more intimate approach than Expo. Hopefully the tone we set on 4x4wire back in the day (Ray Sala was a huge part of that) can be recaptured here. To me this means respect for everyone's opinion. Even when their opinion is wrong. LOL. If that's our guiding principle, and personal attacks are not tolerated, then I think you are free to be yourself. We've got a great mod/admin team here which goes a long way, but more importantly we hope to build a membership that has pride of ownership in the site, eventually relegating our jobs to gate keepers and spam police.   

WillZZ

• I'm new here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2017, 05:23:04 AM »
Hi everybody   :D,
My name is william,
I'm french (sorry for my bad english... ::)) and i've got a 1998 2.8td pajero.

William Talazac on fb, Eazy-E on Expo

;)

TOASTY

• Administrator
  • Nonsense, Poopy Pants!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2017, 09:04:01 AM »
Welcome WHIZZ!

RXIN HED

• Global Moderator
  • Montero Ranch
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2017, 02:47:56 PM »
Good day to all. I'm Russell, the guy from "The" Montero Ranch.

I've recently added the following to our parts cache:
1980 D50 2wd
1988 Max 4x4
1989 Montero LS 4-door...Oso has dubbed this one 'Cortez'
2002 Montero Sport AWD

Some parts are reserved for my needs, and some for others on the various boards, and lots of swell folks here.

My project is already listed in the "Build" threads and can be viewed there. I'm doing something different than most guys, truly.

Phil has suggested I should change the moniker to 'The Mighty Montero Ranch' and that is possible.

Cheers,
Parts Guy
1988 Max SPX Extended Cab 4wd with Service Body & Starion Power
1980 Dodge W400 service truck

For Sale: 1983 Montero #277, 1989 Power Ram 50 extended cab
Sundry Gen 1 Montero and Gen 1 & 2 Mighty Max parts and vehicles for sale

Mitch

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2017, 10:05:20 PM »
Mitch on the Wire, Expo, FB, and in real life. I suffer from a lack of imagination.
Raider89 on Pirate...haven't been there in years.

RXIN HED

• Global Moderator
  • Montero Ranch
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2017, 05:33:17 PM »
Hey, Mitch!
1988 Max SPX Extended Cab 4wd with Service Body & Starion Power
1980 Dodge W400 service truck

For Sale: 1983 Montero #277, 1989 Power Ram 50 extended cab
Sundry Gen 1 Montero and Gen 1 & 2 Mighty Max parts and vehicles for sale

DezRacer25

• Roamer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2017, 03:29:24 PM »
DezRacer25 on the Wire, Expedition, Pirate and RaceDezert. Facebook is Troy Dezracer. Been messing with these Mitsus since 1983 way too long.
Do it today for tomorrow it will be illegal!

commoncrote

• I'm new here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2017, 09:17:24 PM »
I'm commoncrote, the crazy snake girl (have also gone by zero_287 and mitsu_girl_97)

Only just starting off in the wheeling world; I've owned Galants and a Colt. I'm a noob.  ;D

Shovel

• Administrator
  • POTATO
    • View Profile
    • Stuff page updated regularly!
« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2017, 10:28:11 PM »

Every moderator has their own jam and I can't speak for anyone else but for my own part I'd rather turn a disaster into a friendship so it takes a lot to catch administrative action from me and I think trigger happy moderation is lazy.      Secure people aren't hurt by differences of opinion, we welcome other ideas and we try to understand other perspectives.    The last thing in the world I want is the banality of over-policing. 

Personal opinion is that this isn't Disney so I'm not bothered by vulgarity,  but everyone should be aware that if the only thing they have to offer is vulgarity it's not going to make them very interesting to others.   

That said I think everyone knows what it means to be a dick, don't be one.   Pretty straight forward I don't think any community tolerates outright dicks very long.    With luck every single one of us will share a campsite with each other some day and it sure would suck if that was awkward because of internet drama. 

JohnnyBfromPeoria

• I'm Getting Around To It
  • Global Moderator
  • Get Off My Lawn! Or gravel, or whatever it is!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2017, 11:50:38 PM »
I'm commoncrote, the crazy snake girl (have also gone by zero_287 and mitsu_girl_97)

Only just starting off in the wheeling world; I've owned Galants and a Colt. I'm a noob.  ;D

What I put into that '86 you've got will serve you well. It's got "good bones."

John B.
AZ Crew/East Sider/Former 14th St Crew
95 SR, 2 sets of tires rotting in the sun, 2" BL, stuff cut off, stuff welded on, lights, sound, no action
87 Raider, There's a turbo 2.6 under its hood, really
83 "Dodge" Power Ram 50, a bit lifted, way slow and gets more comments from random people than the other two put together
'95 Montero SR. Pretty much stock, Trail Gear Sliders, ADD skid plates, Stereo by Shovel, Timing maintenance by Pa_Jero

haolepinoy

• My Montero Hates Me
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 17, 2017, 09:44:48 AM »
haolepinoy on ExPo.
John Rimmer (in Mechanicsville, VA) on FB.
'03 Montero Limited - being repaired slightly faster than it's falling apart (debatable)

Middle-earth by Montero

My Friend's Super Epic Build Thread

RevBillyG

• I'm new here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2017, 03:51:06 PM »
Revbillyg from EXPO. New to Monteros being a jeep guy for years. Wanted something with more room and more suited to overlanding hence the montero.

Bought a 2000 montero non winter package last week and tearing into it. Needs lots of love but for $800 running figured it was worth it! Picked up a locker and many other items that needed replacing all within a week. Surprised about parts availability considering two years ago I didn't even know these existed.

Looking forward to going on a run with AZ crew sometime when i get road worthy.

fasteddy

• Global Moderator
  • I'm new here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 29, 2017, 05:25:51 PM »
fasteddy,
Ed Jones