Author Topic: Who are you?  (Read 25232 times)

CharlieN

• Collector of Mitsubishi vehicles dating back to 71
Re: Who are you?
« Reply #45 on: March 11, 2018, 03:42:10 PM »
Time to stick my nose in, Many of you knew me as Old Colt which I have used for many years on 30+ forums covering Cars, trucks, motorcycles, boats and aircraft.
More recently I answer to CharlieN since I am actually Charlie North.
I am starting to get back to being creative and soon will be creating something interesting that probably no one else would want.

I truly would like to thank the gang I got to know at the Wire for building this forum for us to play on.
Regards, Charlie N

Crumb

« Reply #46 on: March 12, 2018, 05:31:24 PM »
  Yeah! Thanks Phil!

Natedog

• I bring nothing to the table.
« Reply #47 on: March 12, 2018, 05:54:02 PM »
Time to stick my nose in, Many of you knew me as Old Colt which I have used for many years on 30+ forums covering Cars, trucks, motorcycles, boats and aircraft.
More recently I answer to CharlieN since I am actually Charlie North.
I am starting to get back to being creative and soon will be creating something interesting that probably no one else would want.

I truly would like to thank the gang I got to know at the Wire for building this forum for us to play on.

Good to see you here Charlie! Hopefully the weather will allow you to get back into the shop soon! :)
49 International KB-2
72 Dodge Colt
92 Talon AWD Auto
93 Eclipse NA (Euro Spec)
99 Montero

CharlieN

• Collector of Mitsubishi vehicles dating back to 71
« Reply #48 on: March 13, 2018, 03:38:07 AM »
Hi Nate,
I am getting up to speed in the shop, for your project I have been frustrated because I need to trial fit the pedals in a car and the one that I need to fit in is over the roof in snow and 100, from any access to it. BUT I only just now realized the Blue Colt is inside and does not have pedals in it. Maybe I will get out of this rut I have been stuck in yet and be more productive.
Regards, Charlie N

shoremontero

« Reply #49 on: March 23, 2018, 04:34:35 PM »
Whats up guys i'm dan i'm from the jersey shore and I daily drive a 1993 montero base model on 33s. I work from home and usually stay local with my truck. It's a work in progress just recently finished up an entire front end suspension rebuild. Fixed numerous oil leaks and random rusty salty exposed parts. I'm a father with 2 girls (bless me), huge smartphone nerd and into thrash metal.

Crumb

« Reply #50 on: March 23, 2018, 08:38:08 PM »
 METAL!!!! Love thrash.

Buddhaman98

• I'm new here!
« Reply #51 on: March 25, 2018, 05:59:33 PM »
What's up guys! I'm Jon Jon on Fb and new to the Montero scene. I drive a 2002 Limited in stock form that I take through easy trails to go shoot guns. I'm in the Stockton/NorCal region but frequently go back home to SoCal to visit family. I moved to NorCal for work.

Joined the Montero groups on FB but it seems the SoCal group is more active online than NorCal. Well, hope to meet up with some of you guys to go wheeling as I try to upgrade this old girl!

Crumb

« Reply #52 on: March 27, 2018, 10:45:32 AM »
 Welcome! The Az dudes wheel in northern Ca almost yearly. Gnarly trails though.

JNAVA

• I'm new here!
« Reply #53 on: April 03, 2018, 06:19:47 AM »
Juan Nava from the Facebooks...

Davis_664

• I'd rather be camping...
« Reply #54 on: April 03, 2018, 11:20:48 AM »
Guess I should intro myself as it seems I haven't yet...

I'm John from the great white north. A few hours north of Phil in Alberta. Found our 03 XLS in September 17 for a song. Basically cash out of pocket was less than a grand. And then the repairs started (Transmission, harmonic balancer, serpentine belt, brake pads and rotors all around, hub & bearing, rear caliper and all the fluids in the last 6 months).

Not new to car-camping as I've done it my whole life thanks to my parents. Already added a few "enhancements" and most of those are documented on my Instagram account by the same name Davis_664.

On Expedition Portal, I'm exmilitary. I'm also on MMUSA...

Okay, I think that's enough for now. Glad to be here.

John

John
03 Montero XLS

Veteran Overland #237
Overland Bound #3411

Rivals Inc

• KI4DDA
« Reply #55 on: June 13, 2018, 07:51:11 PM »
James Harmon from the fbook group.

Crumb

« Reply #56 on: June 13, 2018, 07:52:40 PM »
 Welcome!

Se7en62

• The British Empire was built on cups of tea...
« Reply #57 on: June 14, 2018, 05:51:11 AM »
Hey y'all. I'm Se7en62 on a couple forums, but I frequent ExPo and ADD more than anywhere else. My name is Stefan Whittaker on FB and LinkedIn and my Instagram is @overland_pajero
Follow @overland_pajero

1999 Montero "Winter Package" Overland - X3 / ADD / ADHD / ARB / AVN / OME / Bilstein / CVT / DFG / Dometic

PajEvo

• "The Canadian"
« Reply #58 on: June 15, 2018, 10:33:55 AM »
We really are starting to amass some quality people. Welcome to all the new faces, and even the old new ones! LOL!

And happy Friday!

airbox

• reluctant explorer
« Reply #59 on: June 16, 2018, 09:40:03 AM »
Hello, im bradley from Issaquah, WA.  On expo im airbox.  Bradley Nystrom on the FB montero page.  Spent about a year trying to get the rig in reliable shape (and selling another car) and now ready to start the mods.  Have had about 4 monteros (gen1, gen2sr, and i now have my 2nd gen2.5).  Long time lurker but hopefully now that I'm digging into maintenance and mods i can help out in the forums.  Happy to be here!

1999 Montero (winter pkg)