Author Topic: Repair Shop & Auto Transport recommendation  (Read 259 times)

4WheelOnGround

• I'm new here!
    • View Profile
Repair Shop & Auto Transport recommendation
« on: September 27, 2018, 08:08:46 AM »
Hello everyone!  Im new to the forum and expecting to take possession of a freshly imported 1993 Pajero Exceed RHD.  Can someone direct me to a good repair facility who knows how to work on them preferably in the Vancouver, WA - Portland, OR area
After all preventive maintenance have been addressed, I plan to have it transported to New York where it will be enjoyed.
Any leads for auto shippers will be greatly appreciated.

Happy to be part of this Group!

TOASTY

• Administrator
  • Nonsense, Poopy Pants!
    • View Profile
Re: Repair Shop & Auto Transport recommendation
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2018, 11:59:54 AM »
Hopefully Phil can bring up some helpful info. Welcome!

kalieracer

• I'm new here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2018, 09:17:05 PM »
Larry McCoy Real Performance Automotive

Hello everyone!  Im new to the forum and expecting to take possession of a freshly imported 1993 Pajero Exceed RHD.  Can someone direct me to a good repair facility who knows how to work on them preferably in the Vancouver, WA - Portland, OR area
After all preventive maintenance have been addressed, I plan to have it transported to New York where it will be enjoyed.

PajEvo

• Administrator
  • "The Canadian"
    • View Profile
    • JDM Journeys
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2018, 04:47:52 PM »

Welcome! If you don't mind crossing the border into British Columbia there are a few shops I can recommend. Also your US green will go much further.  8)

What kind of stuff do you have in mind? I can make suggestions for you in that department too, if you need?

What engine/trans are you getting in your Paj?

Phil

4WheelOnGround

• I'm new here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2018, 11:35:09 PM »
Phil,  I thought about that but it will be a big challenge logistically to bring it up to BC and leave it there for preventive maintenance.  Then I will have to bring it back to the US to be picked up for transport to the east coast.  It is just impossible for me to do it while Im on the other side of the country.

Since it's a fresh import, I'd like to do timing belt & water pump replacement as well as all the other belts on the 4D56T.  Rear main seal is leaking so that will have to be addressed as well.  Flushing all fluids won't be a bad idea.