Author Topic: Gen 1 trailing arms?  (Read 1092 times)

ChargerX3

• I'm new here!
    • View Profile
Re: Gen 1 trailing arms?
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2018, 02:38:46 PM »
Ok. That helps.

Justice

• I'm new here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2018, 10:09:57 PM »
The gen 2 arms are definitely thicker at the point of breakage. Iíve compared them side by side. Wheel with gen 1 trailing arms at your own peril. They will break.

MudRaider

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2019, 07:53:54 AM »
This from a SWB V6 89 that I broke then up graded to the Gen 2. No problems since and love the Siberian bushings. I had the rear sway bar on when they broke but off now with the new Gen 2 arms. Welded one at bottom is not mine donated from the wire back when by one of the mods.
Ok, looking at your side by side I dont see any real advantages to the 2nd gen. If anything the material around the circumference of the bushings appears to have even less material. Is it really even an upgrade. I ask because I have a 95SR that Im pulling parts off of and was going to grab these as well, but now im not so sure. Interested in why these appear to be a better choice.

This is a change people have been doing for 20+ years. Personally never heard of any Gen 2 ones breaking. Might not be visible, maybe they just changed the metal they are made from. Maybe they sprinkled fairy dust and unicorn horn into it. But a heavy ass Gen 2 is going to put a lot more stress on those than your SWB will.

GEN 1

• I'm new here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2019, 04:08:51 AM »
I broke a passenger side G1 trailing are when I dropped off a 2' rock and landed on another rock.  Swapped to G2 and no issues and I have dropped it farther with these arms.  The G2 is "beefier".

91 LWB

ChargerX3

• I'm new here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2019, 08:42:15 AM »
Ok, this is reassuring. I still haven't pulled the arms yet, but will likely do so this spring.