Author Topic: How can I tell if I have stock OEM Radiator?  (Read 1362 times)

phstudio

• I'm new here!
How can I tell if I have stock OEM Radiator?
« on: November 12, 2018, 04:06:07 PM »
I'm looking to get my radiator re-cored in the next week or two for my 1997 SR, but only if it's the original radiator. I just don't know if it's original or one of these so called cheap replacement parts that I have been reading about.

Here are 2 pics if someone could eyeball the OEM radiator by sight:

Excuse the dirt, but I just got back from a week long Death Valley expedition. I pulled my shroud because some of the mounts broke and I'm about to order a new one. I figure I should renew my cooling system after I noticed that some of my cooling fins, or whatever they're called are flaking off.

Otherwise, it looks like the only two reasonable replacement radiators are the all metal units from CSF and Performance Radiator:
CSF Part #3050
PR Part #2072

Thanks,

Mike

Shovel

• Administrator
  • POTATO
Re: How can I tell if I have stock OEM Radiator?
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2018, 04:22:06 PM »
That one looks OEM to me.

The CSF metal replacement is not really as available as it appears - looks like some retailers haven't updated their catalog yet.   If you contact CSF about it, it's discontinued. 

There's also this https://forum.adventuredrivendesign.com/index.php/topic,709.0.html

phstudio

• I'm new here!
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2018, 04:29:26 PM »
Thanks for the info!

I read about the group buy, but I'd like to check off the radiator on my list of things to replace sooner than later as I have many more things on my list. :)

Crumb

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2018, 05:46:23 AM »
I vote old CSF, if the side straps aren't contoured to match the shape of the core support it's aftermarket. This makes the radiator mount closer to the engine, see threads about lower hose A/C clutch interference. Aftermarket will also have a 90 degree bottom outlet where stock is slightly acute.

jaccox

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2018, 10:37:56 AM »
Unrelated to the topic, but while it's out getting rodded you are gonna want to find a shroud to put back in with the fresh radiator
1999 Montero. 33x10.5x15 General X3's. 4.90's w/rear locker. Full armor. ADD idler arm. ADD 1.5" complete lift. Siberiean Bushings everywhere. 150W alternator with upgraded 4 AWG leads and grounds. 2nd Battery in the rear for camping stuffs to come.