Author Topic: ABS troubleshooting codes  (Read 1226 times)

DR1665

• the agile gearhead
ABS troubleshooting codes
« on: November 24, 2018, 08:37:21 PM »
Fezzik's ABS light's been on since the Camry Incident back in May. I got over to see Toasty this afternoon and he pulled some codes for me with the Mutt.

• Speed Sensor 15
  • C/D Lock SW 26
  • F/W Engage SW 25
  • RL Sensor Open 14

Toasty hooked me up with a spare wheel speed sensor for testing, but I'm not sure where to go with the other codes.

Knowing my tcase shifter is a sloppy, red ball mess, I'm curious if simply replacing the shifter (with the white ball unit I got from NostalgicJDM) will get the switches properly set and clear the others.

I've never had any kind of positive 4H engagement, don't think I've ever found 4L, and get the blinking 4H indicators randomly after cold starts. (4HLc and R/DLc both work, confirmed visually and via indicators, by the way.)

Any easy tips for further troubleshooting these? Think an open RL sensor could also trigger an overall speed sensor code or are these unique sensors?

Thanks in advance.
The Driggins | 98 Pajero | 11 Juke
(Previously: 89 Pajero 2.6, 92 GVR4, 91 GVR4, 97 Talon)

Shovel

• Administrator
  • POTATO
Re: ABS troubleshooting codes
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2018, 09:15:42 PM »
Yes, on the shifter.  Slightly out of position shift forks will report an abs fault.   And could result in mechanical damage.

DR1665

• the agile gearhead
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2018, 08:52:46 PM »
Thanks, man. I'll study up on the lever swap and see if I can squeeze it in next weekend.
The Driggins | 98 Pajero | 11 Juke
(Previously: 89 Pajero 2.6, 92 GVR4, 91 GVR4, 97 Talon)

Shovel

• Administrator
  • POTATO
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2018, 09:18:38 PM »
It's a half hour start to finish.  Wise to schedule a transfer case oil change after, so you can wash out the ball bits and any nibbled metal gear dust out..   and don't forget to reconnect the air breather hose thing on the boot.