Author Topic: 4Runner rear shocks?  (Read 618 times)

kidkb

• I'm new here!
4Runner rear shocks?
« on: December 06, 2018, 01:05:59 PM »
I've doing a bit of reading on various Pajero forums and have come across several threads where people are putting in rear 4Runner shocks (standard height) in the Gen 2/2.5 Pajero's
along with GQ Patrol springs and obtaining some really impressive flex in the rear. I believe the shocke eye bolt hole is a different size so it does require a little modification to work. Anyhow, this has really piqued my interest because of how many shocks are available for 4Runner but I don't see hardly anyone stateside talk about doing this, so I thought I'd ask the pros here if anyone has tried this?

Shovel

• Administrator
  • POTATO
Re: 4Runner rear shocks?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2018, 01:52:07 PM »
Adventure Driven Design sells mid and long travel shocks for the rear of Gen 2 and Gen 2.5 Monteros. 

http://shop.adventuredrivendesign.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=71_73&product_id=72

With the stock springs (as you probably know) the long travel shocks will allow the springs to fall out so long travel rear shocks are not advised for stock springs - solution there is longer lift springs.     Patrol springs might be suitable,  or maybe stock Montero springs with a coil spacer (from a Sequoia lift kit?)  but with Patrols not available in the USA in recent decades they're not a common source of parts for American Montero owners.   

A couple of guys have gone a step further and extended their upper shock towers, which requires a body lift and for models equipped with premium sound,  alteration of the amplifier tub.