Author Topic: Window Trim Rejuvination! - RECOMMENDED  (Read 210 times)

Se7en62

• The British Empire was built on cups of tea...
    • View Profile
Window Trim Rejuvination! - RECOMMENDED
« on: December 06, 2018, 01:20:44 PM »
So, I have this outlined in my build thread but wanted to share it with the greater Montero community. I wanted to fix the ugly chrome trim after the factory black coating had cracked and begun to flake off. I had already peeled as much as I could off during the summer time. I recommend a razor blade and some patience to get it as clean as possible. When cutting I left about a millimeter of factory seal above and below the rubberized material that fits to the truck.

Anyhow, once it was done, I had a can of this rust-oleum undercoat spray in my garage and thought I'd give it a shot. Turns out it worked perfectly and has held up really well over the last few months.

Note: I didn't have to both with the windshield trim because Safe-Lite came and replaced the windshield and all the trim and now it's all black too, but I'm sure it'll work there just as well.

Follow @overland_pajero

1999 Montero "Winter Package" Overland - X3 / ADD / ADHD / ARB / AVN / OME / Bilstein / CVT / DFG / Dometic

JohnnyBfromPeoria

• I'm Getting Around To It
  • Global Moderator
  • Get Off My Lawn! Or gravel, or whatever it is!
    • View Profile
Re: Window Trim Rejuvination! - RECOMMENDED
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2019, 11:12:53 PM »
Nicely done.

John B.
AZ Crew/East Sider/Former 14th St Crew
95 SR, 2 sets of tires rotting in the sun, 2" BL, stuff cut off, stuff welded on, lights, sound, no action
87 Raider, There's a turbo 2.6 under its hood, really
83 "Dodge" Power Ram 50, a bit lifted, way slow and gets more comments from random people than the other two put together
'95 Montero SR. Pretty much stock, Trail Gear Sliders, ADD skid plates, Stereo by Shovel, Timing maintenance by Pa_Jero