Author Topic: Alarm issue  (Read 761 times)

scottydoes

• I'm new here!
Alarm issue
« on: February 25, 2019, 11:58:13 AM »
Hi, I have a 98 Montero and my alarm remote only works half the time. I believe it is a factory after market install. Does anyone half a step by step process on how to remove it? I have to leave my horn fuse out too or else the alarm will go off and not start.

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!
1998 Montero - Winter Package

Shovel

• Administrator
  • POTATO
Re: Alarm issue
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2019, 03:24:07 PM »
If it's the dealer installed alarm your easiest solution is to buy an Avital 3100 remote lock/alarm kit for 30 bucks,  replace your dealer installed Mitsu alarm and never worry about it again.

The wiring diagram is printed right on the back of the dealer installed alarm so if you're at all handy you'll be able to figure it out really fast. 

It's installed directly behind (or, toward the front of the vehicle) the left side dash speaker.     Remove the lower dash panel under the driver side and it will be mounted to a metal bracket on the left speaker.     Remove the alarm from that bracket and the underside of it will have a wiring description which you can use while hooking up your new remote lock system.

If you want to make your life a lot harder you can buy a different alarm with more features like remote start and all that... but then you have to do a lot more work hooking up all those other features because they weren't already there.     

scottydoes

• I'm new here!
Re: Alarm issue
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2019, 01:38:31 PM »
Thanks so much for the feedback! Sorry for the delay.

Very helpful information! I will look into that this weekend.

Currently my driver door lock button only works manually. Do I need to replace the actuator? Find OEM on ebay or buy new?

Thanks!
1998 Montero - Winter Package