Author Topic: 1999 montero with winter pkg, JAOS equipped  (Read 251 times)

steve1814

• I'm new here!
1999 montero with winter pkg, JAOS equipped
« on: March 22, 2021, 07:37:02 AM »
1999 Mitsubishi Montero w/winter PKG and JAOS Equipped.

link to Pics: https://photos.app.goo.gl/cgWpzmDGntcq8dfF7

Where to begin…

Owner since 2001, it is time to say goodbye to a vehicle I love, but never drive anymore.  122, 458 actual miles and oil changed every 5,000 I have driven this thing just about everywhere up and down the east coast.  She was definitely my “overlander” before that term was coined carrying me and my dog Kayaking and camping without a single problem. 

As noted she is a winter pkg model and has all the bells and whistles except the auto adjust suspension. Interior is super for its age and all the seats are in great condition (with one little scrape in rear seat-pic included). Everything from the factory works as it should (including the sunroof!) and the engine and tranny are in perfect shape. I Also have the rear jump seats. No rust on body and the frame is less that typical for the year and is just surface rust

The Mods I have done:
2” body lift
2” suspension lift (Jaos) with new torsion bars, rear springs and panhard.
Blistein Shocks
Cross-drilled slotted rotors on all four wheels
JAOS Mudflaps
15” JAOS victor wheels.
ASIAN manual locking front hubs (still have the auto lock setup and caps which will be included)
JAOS front and rear skidplates
Back roof ladder (JDM, but not JAOS-I like this one better)
Comes with a Rhino roof rack too. (and two NATO jerry cans with holders and high lift jack mount)
WORKING Snorkel
WORKING side turn signals
Factory folding mirrors with switch and activated also through keyfob remote
Factory antenna switch (up and down) -needed when I added the Kenwood radio as it always raised the antenna no matter the source
USB port in dash and also in foot well (footwell usb is for Radio firmware upgrades)
Nice Kenwood excelon with android auto, navigation and DVD-have original box and manuals
IPF lights (not connected) with switch in center console (takes place of coin holder-which I still have)
Auto dimming rearview with HomeLink
Front and rear dash cams (rear not connected but included) with parking feature
Auto backup cam with camera mounted in the spare tire wheel cup
New radiator (tried to get the original re-cored but not for $600)
New Alternator
New cat and pre cat and muffler passed smog no problem. I also have a new tailpipe, but the existing one is perfect, just looks rusty.
New plugs and wires and new valve cover seals While I was there, why not?)
New Water pump with timing belt and pullies lest that 2000 mile ago.
Pintle hitch installed and I also have the drop plate hitch with 2” receiver, filly wired harness with 4 and 7 plug provision (no trailer brake wired, but is available at the socket)
Big cup holder where ashtray was (still have ashtray and installation of cup holder did not put new holes in plastic).
I’m sure I am leaving things out…..

Problems:

Rear Locker light switch located in the rear diff  is inop-but I do have a OEM new replacement.  I just didn’t feel like pulling the rear diif to replace it.
The power steering pumps squeals – I have tried to get all the air out of the lines, but I just cannot figure it out.  I doesn’t squeal all the time, but it is noticeable about 1 minute in from a cold start.
The outside rear passenger door handle sticks sometimes and you have to push it back down to get the door to latch closed.  I do have 4 new door handles in chrome that is included if you want to swap them out, but it is just a lube issue.
The drivers door mirror doesn’t unfold completely sometimes – it folds out enough to fool you until you look in the mirror and you are looking at the passenger door 😊  just pop it out the rest of the way and it is good to go.
That is about it.

Now, I have a TON of spare parts, manuals, aftermarket accessories, (including two complete JDM navigator housings) replacement parts, nuts, bolts wiring harnesses, rear roof wing, all the original stuff taken off to make way for the JAOS stuff all INCLUDED with the sale.  It is all stored in my garage attic and will probably take a good hour to bring down.  I ask that if you decide to buy her, you bring a truck with you and a friend to load all the stuff in it as it will NOT fit in the Montero.  PLEASE, PLEASE serious buyers only and lastly, NO I will not part ANYTHING out.  FOR SERIOUS BUYERS:  please come take a look if you are on the fence about buying, I will not budge on the price, but I think once you see what you are getting you’ll find it a good deal-if not, then well, it was nice meeting you 😊  Montero is located in Smithsburg MD and is available for inspection 4pm-6pm Tues-Friday and most all day Sat-Mon.  Please, Please, Please shoot me a PM if interested-I don’t have access to the internet where I work and wont be able to respond to comments until I get home.